- Optical Engineer specific to pulsed fiber laser technology.
- Optical technology verification and evaluation - satellite, solar cell systems.
- Design space qualified optical coatings and substrates.
- Remote sensing and spectral beam combining.
Undisclosed Company, Optical Engineer Consultant, 2015 - Present
- Provide optical technology verification for satellite solar cell protection systems.
- Performed technology evaluation of subcontractor products and processes.
- Design and validation of space qualified optical coatings and substrates.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems, Redondo Beach, CA, Optical Engineer, 2005 - 2015
- ICEsat II Flight Program Proposal, Laser Data Book - Lead ($355k budget).
- Rigel: Integration and test lead of front end amplifier and supported power amplifier build, responsible for design and design verification testing, photonic crystal fiber screening and preparation lead.
- ICESat II Brassboard Demo: Integration and test lead of front end amplifier and supported power amplifier build, responsible for design and design verification testing.
- Holds 6 trade secrets related to fiber laser technology products and processes.
- Authored four papers on remote sensing and spectral beam combining.
- Conducted Fiber Bragg Grating research and development by implementing controlled index defect variation for novel applications.
- Support THEL contract, providing interferometric analysis of optical components, using fringe analysis software to reduce data from interferometer and composing program in Matlab to create phase maps for deeper analysis.
- Supported Airborne Laser Project Optics and Diagnostics Systems, including providing AU Source Laser characterization, using HEL beam alignment model with Matlab to troubleshoot abort system problems and completing Zemax model for diagnostic analysis of optical train.
- Wideband Optical Combiner Phase 6. Photonics contract involving design and test of optical true time delay.
Chapman Instruments, Rochester, NY, Optical Engineer, 2003 -2004
- Provided optical engineering support for firm that manufactures competition-sensitive optics and semiconductor measurement instruments.
- Developed a thickness measuring system to the beta level.
- Used laser-based measurement technology to find thickness variations in silicon wafers with accuracy of +/- 0.5 μm.
Honors & Publications
- Author and Co-Author of white papers and educational text.
- M.S. Optical Sciences (Superior), University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- B.S. Optics (Distinction, Minor in Mathematics), University Of Rochester, Rochester, NY