Computational Cardiac Electrophysiology Expert
Technical Consultant #2396
- Medical algorithm design and development; statistical analysis of biological data.
- Computer modeling of cardiac electrophysiology at the body, tissue and cell levels; finite element analysis and mesh generation.
- Application of machine learning techniques to biomedical signal analysis.
- Research and development of acute ischemia monitor.
- Medical algorithm design and development.
- Statistical analysis of biological data; application of machine learning to biomedical signal analysis.
- Computer modeling of cardiac electrophysiology at the body, tissue and cell levels.
- Finite element analysis; mesh generation.
- Experience in patent prosecution, technology transactions, and patent litigation.
Undisclosed Company, Owner and Engineer, 2016 - Present
- Developed a statistically based algorithm for estimating heart rate from very noisy electrocardiogram signals.
Angel Medical Systems, Shrewsbury, NJ, Research Engineer, 2006 - 2016
- Principal designer of a totally subcutaneous, chronically implanted, statistically based electrocardiographic acute ischemia (heart attack) monitor.
- Principal Investigator on Phase I and Phase II NIH SBIR grants totaling nearly $1.5 million for heart monitor development.
- Computer modelling of cardiac ischemia.
National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, Postdoctoral Scientist, 2004 - 2006
- Computer modeling of cardiac electrophysiology.
Honors & Publications
- Member of the California State Bar (currently inactive)
- Registered United States Patent Attorney
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
- Eta Kappa Nu Electrical Engineering Honor Society
- Whitaker Biomedical Engineering Fellowship
Publications and Patents
- Author and Co-Author of numerous publications in peer reviewed medical journals, and inventor of over dozen patents for the cardiac diagnostics industries.
- Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- J.D. (With honors), University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- BSEE. Electrical Engineering, (Magna cum laude) U.C.L.A., Los Angeles, CA