- Provide broad support in all aspects of product refining; distillation, stripping, treating, exothermic and endothermic reactors, directing all related maintenance necessary to keep the process units running.
- Over 30 years of industrial and military experience in: Petroleum refinery operations and maintenance, engine maintenance, and conducts training (with focus to U.S. Navy and Valero).
- Pump maintenance, vessel, exchanger repair, cleaning and process troubleshooting.
- Operations for state-of-the-art continuous catalyst regeneration unit and hydrocracking units, benzene saturation units, production of high octane gasoline for blending, low sulfur diesel, liquid petroleum gas and removing benzene from reformate to storage.
- Automotive and diesel jet engine mechanical; supporting, troubleshooting in process mechanics.
- Designing and managing maintenance schedules, prioritization and defining dates and targets; (i.e., operating procedures of process control schemes when impacted by equipment and process changes).
- Developing on site curriculum training programs; Federal EH&S policies, local and manufacture's operating procedures.
- Managing process units; crude, catalytic cracking (FCC), HF Alkylation, hydrodesulfurizers, CCR reformer, sulfur recovery units and laboratory.
- Developing and training equipment operators on the proper use of industrial equipment assigned to the plants in accordance with manufacturer, OSHA and state regulatory guidelines.
- Basic Operator Training and Refinery Fundamentals, designing and author process operator training guides and lesson guides for the petrochemical refineries.
- Train equipment operators in the proper use of industrial equipment assigned to the plants in accordance with manufacturer, OSHA and state regulatory guidelines.
- Navy operations training: Handling and maintenance of new and redesigned aircraft support equipment. Train Naval Officers: Flight deck coordination and planning including qualifying and testing personnel and enlisted members for aviation warfare specialists level.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Refinery Specialist and Trainer, Present
- On-site Product refining support: Distillation, stripping, treating, exothermic and endothermic reactors, directing all related maintenance necessary for optimum running of processing units.
- On-site training and course development: Designing and process operations training guides and lesson guides for the petrochemical refineries.
- On-site Evaluation: Equipment and maintenance related to processing units and balancing the maintenance pool to support plant and other process units with different priorities.
- Troubleshooting: Refining quality issues related to diesel and high octane gasoline, meeting strict environmental compliance issues applicable to State, Federal Regulatory Commissions and clients expectations.
Valero Oil Refinery, Memphis TN, 1994 - 2014
Operations Superintendent, 2005 - 2014
- Managed 18 Operators and technicians; running the state of the art continuous catalyst regeneration units and hydrocracking units, benzene saturation units in the production of high octane gasoline for blending, low sulfur diesel for sales, liquid petroleum gas for sales and removing benzene from reformate to storage for sales.
- Coordinating and prioritizing maintenance on all equipment related to the 3 process units while balancing the maintenance pool to support plant and other process units with different priorities.
- Troubleshooting all variables related to the refining of quality diesel and high octane gasoline while meeting strict environmental compliance issues from both State and Federal Regulatory Commissions.
Operations: FCC CGHT Board Operator and Foreman, 1994 - 2005
- Managed 30 Operators and Assistants on rotating shifts for process units to include Crude, FCC, HF Acid Alky, NHDS, DHDS, CCR, OM, SRU Units and laboratory.
- Developed "pop quizzes" for Operators on shift to hone operating abilities.
- Completed "Table Top Drills" each shift to keep process operating procedures in the forefront and updated procedures as necessary.
- Completed Certificate of Analysis (C of As) daily.
- Developed and implemented consistent work processes and accountability team structures for three of the companies' refineries.
- Directed, communicated, development and implemented new processes variables and structural changes.
- Coordinated 6 turnarounds a noted world breaking record.
- Taught classes: "Basic Operator Training and Refinery Fundamentals" for new employees.
Shepherd Industrial Training, Bartlett, TN, 1992 -1994
Technical Author and Trainer
- Developed and trained equipment operators on the proper use of industrial equipment assigned to the plants in accordance with Manufacturer, OSHA and State regulatory guidelines.
- Managed 6 technical writers, screening all designed procedures to ensure compliance with manufacturer as well as state and federal requirements.
- Communicated and trained salary and hourly personnel on the proper way of operating plant equipment
- Developed and taught "Train the Trainer" programs for ALCOA Aluminum Company, Union Camp and International Paper Companies.
U.S. Navy, 1972 - 1992
Ground Support Equipment Technician
- Automotive and diesel and jet engine mechanic in aircraft support equipment, coordinating flight deck maneuvers and troubleshooting.
Production Control Chief
- Coordinated the scheduling and prioritizing the maintenance of hundreds of aircraft ground support equipment.
U.S. Navy Mastery Training Specialist
- Trainer for operations: Handling and maintenance of new and redesigned aircraft support equipment. Trained Naval Officers in flight deck coordination and planning. Trained enlisted personnel to qualify and pass the testing necessary to become Aviation Warfare Specialists.
Petrochemical and Military Sectors
- Refinery Fundamentals
- What Do Great Leaders Do
- Leadership Role: Business Ethics
- Process Safety Review: Risk Judgment
- Advanced Reforming CCR Regeneration Training
- BOT (Basic Operator Training) Train the Trainer Class
Honors & Publications
- Completed courses and certifications: Automotive, Diesel: Jet Engine and Hydraulic Maintenance.
- Tennessee State Teaching License-VoTech Training, Regents College New York
- U.S.A.F. Non Commissioned Officer Leadership Academy
- U.S. Navy Master Training Specialist Academy
- Author of many educational text, training modules and manuals (in regulatory, equipment, operations, processes and procedures) for the petrochemical and military sectors.
- ED Tennessee State Certified Educator, Regents College New York, Albany NY
- MTS Trainer, U.S. Navy Master Training Specialist Academy