- Domestic and global commercial contracting with a focus on technology licensing for the Information Technology industry, (hosting and cloud).
- Information Technology new business development and business operations.
- Creating and implementing processes and procedures that significantly reduce costs and risk in hosting/cloud and software licensing agreements, employment matters, real estate leases, and intellectual property protection.
- Identify and develop corporate policies, procedures (template agreements) and advising executive management on all legal issues including, potential litigation and intellectual property matters.
- Outsourcing, SaaS, hosting and services agreements.
- Marketing, sales, value added reseller (VAR), and OEM agreements.
- Internet of Things (IoT).
- Software Development Kits (SDKs), Application Program Interfaces (APIs).
Expert Witness Experience
- Provide opinions on license grants in software license.
- Provide opinions on the termination provision in services agreements.
Undisclosed Company, General Counsel, 2016 - Present
- Responsible for all legal matters of a publicly held global software company including drafting and negotiating SaaS/hosting/cloud and software licensing agreements, employment matters, real estate leases, litigation, general corporate matters and intellectual property protection.
- Develop and draft all corporate policies and procedures as well as template agreements for use by company's global sales teams.
- Advise executive management on all legal issues including potential litigation and intellectual property matters.
Accenture LLP, Arlington, VA, Manager, 2014 - 2016
- Supported the development of Accenture's Internet of Things (IoT) platform on a global basis including drafting and negotiating agreements for all third party components (hosting, software, APIs, and SDKs), client agreements (both for SaaS and on-premises licenses), mobile app EULAs, and open source components.
- Advised Accenture's Mobility development teams on the creation and development of new IoT vertical offerings and mobile apps including potential regulatory issues, privacy/data impact assessments and all related marketing collateral.
- Developed Accenture Digital's offshore non-disclosure (NDA) review process and managed the review of all NDAs and open source software for Accenture's Mobility practice.
W.C Consulting, Baltimore, MD, Principal, 2013 - 2014
- Drafted and negotiated a broad range of global commercial agreements and documents including hosting and cloud agreements, software, mobile application and development agreements, distribution agreements, real estate leases, procurement and purchase agreements, services agreements, software licenses, SOWs, marketing and sales agreements, global OEM and reseller agreements, and equipment manufacturing agreements.
Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC), Falls Church, VA, Deputy General Counsel, 1990 - 2013
- Drafted, negotiated and advised on complex global commercial agreements including software licenses, cloud (SaaS and IaaS), hosting and subscription agreements, professional and IT services agreements, SOWs, marketing and sales agreements, procurement agreements, global alliance and reseller agreements, contingent labor agreements as well as real estate leases and merger and acquisition agreements.
- Lead Attorney for CSC's $10billion domestic commercial business units, including outsourcing, business solutions, world sourcing and all industry verticals including financial services, banking, insurance, healthcare and technology.
- Worked directly with Group and Sector Presidents to implement and achieve quarterly financial goals and strategies on a global basis.
- Reduced litigation and litigation expenses by 90% in three year period as lead counsel for CSC's industry verticals. Created and implemented "pre-litigation" early warning process.
- Spearheaded development of CSC's evolving global IP policies and global IP portfolio.
- Created deal tracking pipeline allowing global legal staff to monitor and track significant deals.
- Initiated and delivered numerous legal training programs to U.S. business teams consisting of lectures, guidebooks, checklists, forms and annotated agreements on such topics as intellectual property, contract negotiations, HIPAA, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and data privacy.
- Significant international experience in Europe, South and Latin America, Africa, Middle East, and Asia handling all aspects of commercial transactions and local compliance issues.
- Led legal support for CSC's $6 billion global supply chain and successfully transitioned legal support for CSC's supply chain to India.
- Led legal teams for all domestic acquisitions and divestitures and post-acquisition transitions including $1.3 billion acquisition of Covansys Corporation (NASDAQ: CVNS) and $365 million acquisition of First Consulting Group (NASDAQ: FCGI).
- Managed and led all material commercial litigation including contract, employment and bankruptcy claims and appeals.
- Management, oversight and mentoring of legal staff of up to 30 people and associated budgets in excess of $15 million.
International Mobile Machines Corporation, King of Prussia, PA, 1987 - 1990
Associate General Counsel and Assistant Secretary
- Provided legal support for all commercial operations for a $30 million publicly held manufacturing company, including investment banking activities and litigation management.
- Coordinated preparation and approval of all public materials, press releases and shareholder communications. Initiated and implemented corporate export and trademark policies and securities compliance procedures.
- Managed risk management program, and all securities filings.
Weinberg and Green, Baltimore, MD, 1985 - 1987
- Joined firm providing Legal Counsel with focus to healthcare.
Honors & Publications
- Admitted to Maryland and the District of Columbia
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Editorial Board, The Computer & Internet Lawyer
- Past Chair, Business Law Section, Maryland State Bar Association
- Past President, Association of Corporate Counsel, Baltimore Chapter
- Member, American Bar Association
- Author of over 40 publications; articles, educational text books and chapters.
- M.B.A. Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- J.D. Columbus School of Law, The Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C.
- B.A. Economics, Trinity College, Hartford, CT