Polymer Twin-Screw Extrusion and Compounding Consultant
Technical Consultant #2321
- Twin-screw extrusion technology in plastics, food, and chemical industries.
- Scale-up of hot-melt extrusion processes.
- Process simulation utilizing simulation software, and on site consulting.
- Scale-up and transfer behavior.
- Twin screw extruders-continuous mixing.
- Co-rotating intermeshing twin-screw extruders.
- Multiscrew design.
- Reactive processing twin-screw extruders.
- Internal mixers (single and twin screws).
- Quality control - improved compounding.
- Pharmaceutical melt extrusions.
Undisclosed Company, Director of Process Technology, 2014 - Present
- Providing technical expertise in twin-screw extrusion technology for the plastics, food and pharmaceutical industries to global customers: technical presentations, training, applications development, and commissioning of new equipment.
- Technology support for sister company in China.
Extrusioneering International, Inc., Randolph, NJ, President, 1994 - 2014
- On-site consulting, training and simulation software for twin-screw extrusion technology.
- Recognized as industry expert with over 25 years practical experience.
- Authored papers, articles, presentations at U.S. and International venues.
Warner-Lambert Company, Morris Plains, NJ, 1990 - 1994
Director of Manufacturing Technology
- Provided process engineering support to state-of-the-art 100 million PPY extrusion facility for biodegradable resin manufacturer.
- Optimized extrusion technology, implemented continuous improvement programs, trained manufacturing organization.
- Developed extrusion process and scale-up strategy to support new product research and development.
- Started-up and managed first production facility for product introduction, developed Compounding Technology Organization.
Novon Products, Morris Plains, NJ, Director of Compounding Technology, 1990 - 1994
- Managed compounding technology organization for development and production of starch-based biodegradable plastics.
- Technical support to manufacturing plant.
Werner & Pfleiderer Corporation, Ramsey, NJ, 1982 - 1990
Manager of Applications Development
- Identified new marketing opportunities for twin-screw extrusion equipment in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
- Evaluated technical feasibility planned and managed internal research programs.
Honors & Publications
Publications and Patents
Author and Co-Author of numerous publications (in peer reviewed journals and educational text) in the following areas:
- Technological Considerations Related To Scale-Up of Hot-Melt Extrusion Processes
- Process Definition and Troubleshooting
- Installation, Commissioning and Qualification of Extruders
- Intermeshing Corotating Twin-Screw Extruders
- Twin-Screw Extruders Feed Variance Limitations (Co-rotating)
- Screw Design, Multiscrew
- Twin-Screw Extruders Reactive Processing and Applications
- Internal Mixers, Single and Twin-Screw Extruders
- On-Line Quality Control for Improved Compounding
- Accuracy Criteria in Reactive Compounding
- Two patents, biodegradable compositions
- M.S. Applied Science, New York University, New York, NY
- B.S. Meteorology and Oceanography, (SUNY) Maritime College, New York, NY