- Profession electrical engineer providing 38 years in electrical design, construction and controls engineering.
- Electrical forensic engineering review: litigation support for law firms, insurance carriers, electrical construction defects, electrical products liability, and electrical accidents cases.
- Design and application - Underwriters Laboratory UL 508A and UL698 standards as they relate to industrial control panels for the water and wastewater.
- Electrical construction defects, losses or damages associated with personal injury due to electrical accidents, electrical controls, for water and wastewater, pump station, tank, or treatment plants and related causes of sewage spills or tank over filling causing flooding.
- Industrial electrical construction, municipal construction, and interpreting municipal plans and specifications.
- SCADA, Telemetering Supervisory Control
- Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) motor control
- Reduced Voltage Soft Start (RVSS) motor control
- Flow and blow-off, controls design
- Motor Control Center (MCC), and NEC compliance
- Electrical estimating, project management
- Well, storage tank, pumping control and design
- Cellular and radio communication networks
- Critical load and standby generator applications
- Facility automation, programmable logic controllers
- UL508A & UL698 industrial control panel standards
- Standard of care, forensic analysis, product liability
Expert Witness Experience
- Electrical Generator Failure - SCADA System did not sound alarm on low fuel.
- Construction Defect, 280 unit condominium with electrical deficiencies including fire stops and non-working GFCI & AFCI interrupters.
- A cross walk warning light failed to turn on when pedestrians were in the crosswalk.
- Sewer Pump Station had a power outage during a storm and the Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) failed to transfer.
- Electrical Generator Failed to start after power outage.
Undisclosed Company, Electrical Design and Forensic Engineer, 2016 - Present
- Provide electrical design, review and approval of electrical construction projects for electrical contractors and architects.
- Electrical forensic engineering review and litigation support to law firms and insurance carriers for electrical construction defects, electrical products liability, and electrical accidents cases.
- Design and application of Underwriters Laboratory UL 508A and UL698 standards as they relate to industrial control panels for the water and wastewater industry of over twenty years
- Extensive National Electrical Code and California Electrical Code compliance understanding as they relate to electrical construction projects.
MCC Control Systems, Vacavile, CA, Engineering and Design Manager, 2014 - 2016
- While managing the Engineering Design and Drafting team, responsible for the design of power and control panels for water and wastewater pump stations, medium size wastewater treatment plant control panels and Motor Control Centers.
- Designs included PLC and Motor Control Centers and chemical monitoring systems.
- Oversaw Electrical Engineering for all MCC Control Systems California projects that require an electrical engineer's design approval and engineering stamp.
Control Systems West, Inc., Independent Consulting Electrical Engineer, 2012 - 2014
- Design power and controls for water and wastewater pump stations and medium size wastewater treatment plant control panels.
- Electrical Engineer to all Control Systems West, Inc. California and Hawaii projects that require an electrical engineer's design approval and engineering stamp.
- Contract Administrator for most of the Control Systems West, Inc. contracts to provide control panels, which are used by municipalities in California and Hawaii.
- As primary contact for Underwriters Laboratory (UL) certification of Industrial Control Panels (UL508A and UL698) that designed and built at Control Systems West, Inc.
California Energy Experts, Owner, 2001 - 2002
- Independent Engineering Consultant and Electrical Contractor for the City of Cotati Department of Public Works Water/Wastewater Pump Stations.
- Worked for various clients performing electrical contracting services.
- Working with Control Systems West, Inc. with its established volume of business, offered a superb opportunity to utilize my Engineering Design talents in the design of industrial control panels dedicated to the water and wastewater industry.
Edward Jones Investments, Investment Broker, 1998 - 2001
- After Passing the Securities and Exchange Commission Series 7 License, opened an Edward Jones Investment office in Rohnert Park, CA.
- Serviced clients through selling stocks, mutual funds, bonds, annuities, life and long term care insurance.
- Establish a safe and secure financial future.
Cal Air, Inc., Outside Sales, 1997 - 1998
- Outside sales of Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Services.
- Expanded presence in the local area and provide continuity with existing client base.
- Cal Air was a business consolidator, purchasing contractor shops in the Energy Management and HVAC industry.
California Energy Experts, Inc., (CEE), President, 1984 - 1997
- Designed and built Facility Automation Systems (FAS) totaling 7.6 million square feet of municipal, school, commercial and light industrial building spaces in 15 states.
- Project makeup was approximately 36% new and 64% retrofit installations.
- Incorporated, programmed, and supported dedicated technically advanced controllers for HVAC Systems.
- Lighting Control Systems incorporated daylighting and time of day scheduling. Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), were used on cooling towers, pumps, supply and return fans to enhance the energy efficiency of HVAC systems, economizer damper positioning and monitoring were an integral part of our control designs which led to further energy reductions.
- Demand control routines were incorporated in the designs when there was an advantage to the customer.
- All systems included remote communication abilities to allow offsite monitoring and minor software revisions.
- Expanded company's expertise by bidding and installing well, water and wastewater, flood control, power and control systems.
- Designed and built Standby Generator Systems (up to 250 KW), including single and multiple transfer switches and isolation of critical and non-critical loads. Incorporated peak shaving strategies into the design when applicable.
- California Energy Experts was expanded by incorporating HVAC and plumbing contracting under our umbrella. California Energy Experts was sold to Cal Air, Inc.
- Provided an opportunity to explore Outside Sales.
Honors & Publications
- Certified Forensic Litigation Consultant, certificate, by Forensic Expert Witness Association, San Francisco, CA
- Professional Electrical Engineer - P.E. California
- Professional Electrical Engineer - P.E. Hawaii
- Licensed Contractor, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC California
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Institute of Electrical Electronic Engineers, (IEEE)
- Forensic Expert Witness Association, (FEWA)
- IEEE, Senior Member Status
- B.S.E.E. Electrical-Power and Control Systems, Healds Engineering College, San Francisco, CA