- Formulation of surfactants, surface science and specialty chemical additives in industrial applications.
- Product development
- Operations management, efficiently moving development products into full scale manufacturing.
- New product development, sales and marketing.
- Mergers and acquisition integration.
Surfactant Uses and Formulation
- Paints and coatings
- Surface modification
- HI&I (Household Industrial and Institutional Chemicals), Personal Care
- Oil fields
- Paints and coatings
- Formulation and Formation
Undisclosed Company, Operations-Research and Development, 2016 - Present
- Rebuild manufacturing, operations and sales through the development of people, systems and innovative surfactant-based products.
- Increase sales by development of customer with focused marketing plans and aggressive sales strategies focus on unique chemistries and processes.
- Selling the value of the organization and its products.
Undisclosed Company, Chief Operating Officer and President, 2015 - 2016
- Develop and approve long and short-term business strategies of Company.
Manufacturers Chemicals, LLC-CRI Tolling, Executive VP Operations and R&D, 2010 - 2015
- Reported to the Corporate CEO while leading all production operations and R&D at two sites.
Manufacturers Chemicals, (MC), TN and SC, 2013
- Onsite at CRI: Returned site to sustainable profitability in less than one year.
- 2nd year EBITDA growth budgeted at over 125% ($865M to over $2 million).
- Improved efficiency and increased capacity over 75% (13 million lbs. to 24 million lbs.).
- Added second and third shift manufacturing capability while improving safety record.
- Built leadership teams.
- Upgraded manufacturing capacity by 50 % to over 100 million lbs. per year.
- Improved efficiency and reduced manufacturing costs over 10% by equipment upgrades and operations improvements (added over $700 million to the bottom line).
- Strengthened morale on the floor by pushing ownership and responsibility to floor operators.
- Developed personnel into competent leaders; not followers.
- Led team to integrate 25 million lbs. of new toll production within 6 months.
- Conducted negotiations to set a 25-million-pound annual supply contract with new toll customer providing contribution margin greater than $3.5 million.
Fibro Chem LLC.; Dalton, GA, 2006 - 2009
Director of Operations Oversight and Technology Development
- Directed the business development efforts that diversified the private company's interests into markets (HI&I, Personal Care and Defoamers) beyond the traditional carpet industry.
- Established the product line for a highly focused silicone and specialty chemical business.
- Grew annual sales in two years to a rate of $2 million per year with a gross margin of over 40%.
- Established 3rd business division focused on defoamer technologies directed to a number of market areas which in year two had revenues of $5 million per year with a 20% gross margin.
Petroferm Inc., Fernandina Beach, FL, 1982 - 2006
- Performed various business operations and filled technical management positions.
P& L Management
- Sales revenues over $70 million grown over 10% and EBITDA over 13% year on year.
- Operational costs decreased by over 12% on more than 100 million lbs., of production.
- Aggressive budgets set, and met or exceeded by strong leadership and team building.
Mergers and Acquisition integration
- Managed and restructured 5 acquisitions as first person on site after closing.
- Returned sites to profitability and sustainable growth with EBITDA growth up to 125%.
- Built management leadership teams of over 75 people, not followers in sales, technical service and operations.
- Business segments: surfactant additives, polymeric dispersants, specialty silicones.
- Grew manufacturing capacities by capital improvements and improving efficiencies.
- Added 10% ($700K) to bottom line by reducing operating costs.
- Doubled plant area capacity by 12 million lbs, through process improvements.
- Instilled strict adherence to safety and regulatory policies.
Specialty Chemical and Surfactants
- Demonstrated technical experience in surfactants and specialty additives for all markets.
- Highly skilled at expressing complex technology in laymen's terms, orally and written.
- Developed/sold new technologies with sales revenues above $10 million and over 70% gross margin.
New Product Development - Sales and Marketing
- Established sales, marketing and pricing plans for chemical products in diverse industries.
- Built new product lines in HI&I and personal care by focusing on market segments.
- Surface modification and control additives.
- Oil and gas production additives for the petroleum industry.
- Dispersion control additives for the paints and coatings industry.
International Business (Europe, Asia, and Mexico)
- Broad international experience growing and selling new businesses and technologies.
- Managed and understood cultural differences.
- Lived and worked in England managing two businesses with sales throughout Europe.
- Grew business and established manufacturing relationships in the Far East and Europe.
Honors & Publications
- Author and Co-Author of more than a dozen U.S. patents
- M.S. Surface and Colloid Chemistry, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
- M.B.A. Technical Business, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
- B.S. Chemistry, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY