- Plastic pipe
- Polymer blends membranes
- Molded and extruded products
- Electrically-conductive coating and moldings
- Process development
- Chemical and physical evaluation
- Test Method Development - TMD
- Service - life prediction
- Probable-cause failure analysis
Expert Witness Experience
- Patent ligation
- Personal injury
- Property damage
- Contractual disputes
Undisclosed Company Director of Engineering and Applications, 1985 - Present
- Technical consultation to clients and legal testimony for major multinational corporate clients on programs involving polymer development, product design and engineering, and process development.
- Perform technology studies, stress analyses, and chemical and physical evaluation.
- Develop test methodologies, and perform product service-life prediction, risk assessment, and probable-cause failure analysis.
Springborn Laboratories, Inc., CT., Department Manager, 1978 - 1985
- Technical, financial, and operations responsibility for a plastic product evaluation laboratory.
- Responsible for marketing, sales and performance of client programs.
Ionics, Inc.., Watertown, MA, Plastics Engineering Group Leader, 1972 - 1978
- Responsible for projects involving design and development of polymeric components and membranes, and evaluation of plastic materials and adhesives for use in electrochemical applications.
New England Instrument Co., Chelmsford, MA, Research Chemist, 1969 - 1971
- Responsibility for the formulation, testing and evaluation of new materials for high-temperature, electrically-conductive coatings.
A.G. Spalding Bros., Inc., Chicopee, MA, Research and Lab Assistant, 1967 - 1969
- Assist in development projects involving injection and compression molding of thermoplastic and rubber compounds.
- Evaluation of adhesives, coatings, competitive and experimental products.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Plastics Pipe Institute and Plastic Pipe & Fittings Association
- Society of Plastics Engineers
- Society of the Plastics Industry
American Society for Testing and Materials - ASTM Activities:
- Chairman of F17 Committee on Plastic Piping Systems
- Vice Chairman of F17 Committee on Plastic Piping Systems
- Chairman F17.10 on Fittings
- Chairman F17.63 on DWV Systems
- Chairman F17.65 on Land Drainage
- Member of D20 Committee on Plastics Materials
- Member of D35 Committee on Geosynthetics
- ASTM Certificate of Appreciation, ASTM F17 Committee on Plastic Piping Systems.
- ASTM F17 Paul Finn Memorial Award.
- ASTM Award of Merit, ASTM's highest award, and designation as a Society Fellow in ASTM.
- Author and Co-Author of numerous publications in peer reviewed publications and seminars.
- M.S. Management Science, University of Lowell, Lowell, MA
- M.S. Plastics, Lowell Technological Institute, Lowell, MA
- B.S. Plastics, Lowell Technological Institute, Lowell, MA