- Petroleum transportation and storage industry.
- Strategic and operations planning, budgeting and financial tracking.
- Work process development and improvement.
- Performance management.
- Relationship and team building.
- Cross-functional team leadership.
- Product quality and measurement.
Undisclosed Company, Advisor, Present
- Petroleum transportation and storage industry functioning as an operations manager, project manager, environmental coordinator, maintenance manager, and customer service representative for petroleum clients.
Colonial Pipeline Company, Baton Rouge, LA, 2001 - 2006
- Managed and executed a $100 million joint venture pipeline expansions project.
- Performed liaison function between Business Development, Corporate Engineering and JV partner staff from project initiation to completion.
- Engaged local expertise and knowledge in the project design stage ensuring Colonial's Operations Philosophy.
- Evaluated and adjusted operations and maintenance staffing to support the project. Monitored project progress to ensure timelines and scope definitions were properly maintained.
- Recognized project impact to customer's day-to-day operations and initiated downtime/tie-in planning.
- Developed plan to transition 2.5 million bbls. Storage facility from JV partner operations.
- Developed integration plan to balance staffing in support of a 100% capacity increase.
- Developed and managed a $4 million expense budget and a $1 million capital budget. Made strategic decisions on all major maintenance and capital expenditures.
- Developed and administered an annual operating budget, reducing annual maintenance expenditures by five percent per year by completing major projects over a multi - year plan.
- Coordinated and implemented Hurricane Katrina pipeline recovery efforts at three damaged intermediate pump stations managing resources to enable pipeline start up within a week.
- Functioned as Initial Incident Commander at Baton Rouge for Hurricane Rita pipeline recovery activities by managing resources and lessons learned from Katrina to improve systems response while also assisting impacted Lake Charles employees.
- Performed operational and technical review of all projects and prepared project scope, definition and costs estimates for expenditure authorization documentation.
- Reduced controllable operating cost and system downtime at Lake Charles facility by redesigning the operating and maintenance processes.
- Participated in employment interviews and hiring decision for pipeline operations and maintenance.
Gatx Terminals Corporation, (GTC), 1994 - 2000
Operations Manager, Florida Region and Central Florida Pipeline (CFPL), 1998 - 2000
- Managed formation and review of Standard Operating Procedures for the Tampa Terminal and Central Florida Pipeline.
- This program successfully met all Federal, State and Local agency requirements while exceeding corporate guidelines for revenue and return on net asset projections. Decreased expenses without compromising customer service.
- Operated the Tampa Terminal and CFPL with zero lost time accidents, zero recordable incidents and zero agency reportable spills.
- Initiated a review and redesign CFPL Control Room operating systems with respect to an independent leak detection system, product measurement and satellite mainline valve communications.
- Established operating procedures for vessel offloading of petroleum (gasoline, diesel and turbine fuel) and chemicals (spray oil, isopropyl alcohol and caustic soda) at two water berths in the Port of Tampa.
- Maintained sound operations and customer's service at three chemical truck racks, a five lane automated petroleum truck rack and three chemical offloading rail sidings.
- Renegotiated twenty-year lease agreement with the Tampa Port Authority decreasing wharfage and rental expense.
Calnev Pipe Line, Company Manager, Product Quality and Fuel Regulations, 1994 -1998
- Initiated Product Quality Oversight Programs for the Calnev Pipe Line to meet Federal, State and Local Regulations. Initiated a GTC gasoline detergent additive program to meet EPA regulations resulting in a cost savings to GTC and its customers totaling $2 million.
- Participated as an Active Member and a Speaker at the Independent Liquid Terminaling Association
- Convention and International Trade Conference. Member of Western States Petroleum Association and other fuel committees. Assisted other GTC Terminals with product quality, fuel additive, IRS Dye and regulatory issues in the following states: California, Florida, Illinois, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas and Washington.
Santa Fe Pacific Pipelines, Manager, Quality Control, 1989 - 1989
- Participant in the 1990 Clean Air Act, Regulatory Negotiation (REG-NEG) process representing the Independent Liquid Terminaling Association.
- Initiated and managed three internal petroleum-testing laboratories and one commercial petroleum laboratory.
Southern Pacific Pipelines, Engineering Assistant, Environmental Engineering, 1986 - 1989
- Assisted in the development of Thermal Oxidation Vapor Recovery systems for bulk terminal loading facilities.
- Project engineering and budget control on vapor recovery, benzene health risk projects and other related environmental projects.
Honors & Publications
- Engineering Management Program - Cal-Tech, Pasadena, CA
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Committee member of the API Pipeline Task Force on Movement of Petroleum Products.
- Safety Performance - President Safety Award.
- Awarded Company's Top Quality Achievement Award for excellence in meeting customer expectations in support of the company mission, vision and values (Santa Fe Pacific Pipelines).
- B.S. University Nevada at Reno Dale Carnegie, Reno, NV