Wind and Solar Energy Power Plant Development Expert
Technical Consultant #2244
- Oversight of development of wind and solar power plants including site control, interconnection, engineering and supply agreements, and power purchase agreements.
- Cost-benefit analysis of power projects.
- Implementing best-practice project management.
- Evaluating and refining power purchase agreements (PPA).
Independent Contract Project Manager, 2005 - Present
- Teaching and implementing best-practice project management on a contract basis.
New Standard Institute, Milford, CT, Consultant
- Advising on best-practice project management to power plant owners and other industrial clients including AES, New York Power Authority, and CLECO.
Public Service Company of New Mexico, Farmington, NM, Project Manager
- Responsible for project controls on a $150 million, 2GW coal power plant retrofit.
- Led a team of schedulers through planning, construction, and commissioning.
- Coordinated 1,000 workers from GE, Babcock & Wilcox, Foxboro, local contractors, and in-house craftspeople.
eHealth, Inc., Mountain View, CA, Project Lead
- Implemented over $200 thousand of enterprise software systems.
- Worked with division director at a high-growth start-up, software engineers in China and California, and executive-level clients at major health insurance companies.
Undisclosed U.S. Manufacturer, Tucson, AZ, Project Lead
- Responsible for quality, scope, schedule, and cost on a $500 thousand warehouse implementation project.
- Hired and led a team of 7.
- Coordinated managers from procurement, operations, vendors, and unions.
MXT, Inc., Montreal, Canada, Automation Engineer
- Engineered and fabricated automated production line improvements at a high-tech startup.
- Designed and built small-scale equipment with pulleys, motors, solenoids, and digital interface boards.
- Processed data using Visual Basic for applications.
Lahmeyer, International, Washington, D.C., Project Coordinator, 2010
- Assisted with development of 600MW of late- and early-stage on-land wind projects. Worked with legal team to evaluate and refine power purchase agreements.
- Determined scope on engineering and interconnection requirements.
Honors & Publications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) from Project Management Institute
- Financial Reporting and Analysis, Corporate Finance, and Economic Analysis for Business Policy.
- Coursework covered oscillations and waves, electromagnetic theory, advanced classical mechanics, electronics lab, as well as organic chemistry and physical chemistry.
- PMP- certified project manager
- Intermediate spoken and written Spanish
- Intermediate spoken Portuguese
- E. Ward Plummer Award, University of Pennsylvania
- Okie Fellow, University of Delaware
Publications and Patents
- Author and Co-Author of manuscripts, magazine articles, and conferences.
- M.M.P. (Master of Marine Policy), Offshore Wind, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- B.S. Physics, Chemistry (Minor) University of Toronto, Canada