- Process engineering, design engineering, research, intellectual property development and business strategy.
- Conceptual and detailed design engineering, commercial scale coal upgrading in reducing mercury and increasing the BTU value of coal.
- Provide analysis and proposal writing residual hydrotreating catalyst systems for companies worldwide.
- Renewable diesel, bio-diesel, and ethanol plants.
- National and International Trainer: Remote and onsite.
Industries and Areas
- Renewable Diesel
- Crude preheat
- Asphaltene stability
- Process engineering
- Design engineering
- Hydrogen production
- Energy optimization
- Clean technology
- Process integration
Undisclosed Company, Director of Engineering, 2014 - Present
- Direct and oversee the Engineering of this renewable energy company that offers full engineering and construction for renewable diesel, bio-diesel, and ethanol plants.
- Lead engineering all the way from initial design to full construction of a 3 million gallon per year renewable diesel plant.
- Lead engineering on ethanol plant debottlenecking and upgrading.
Phillips 66/Conoco Phillips, Bartlesville, OK, Senor Engineer, 2010 - 2014
- Phillips 66 Refining operations include 15 refineries with a net crude oil capacity of 2.2 million barrels per day.
- Provide technical service for international and domestic refineries to capture high value lost profit opportunities that has resulted in over 100 million in additional revenue.
- Lead model development on crude compatibility for commercial and refinery planning..
- Provide both technical service and support to improve needle coke quality and production.
ION Engineering, Boulder, CO, VP of Engineering and Co-Founder, 2008 - 2010
- This small clean tech start-up company (of $20 million raised) that focuses on carbon capture from fossil fueled power plants and natural gas "sweetening."
- Highly involved in all stages of ION engineering's start up, including; co-inventor, license agreement, establishing industry connections and partnerships, and securing investments
- Designed a continuous process prototype for proof of concept of ION's technology.
Evergreen Energy Inc., Denver, CO , Lead Process Engineer, 2008
- Evergreen Energy is a clean coal startup company that was moving from a full scale demonstration plant to full scale commercialization.
- Executed conceptual and detailed design engineering for a commercial scale coal upgrading facility that reduces mercury and increases the BTU value of the coal.
- Minimized both operating and capital expense to make the overall economics of the plant viable on a site by site basis
- As a consultant provided remote and onsite training for a newly formed joint venture in Beijing, China.
Chevron -ART, Richmond, CA, Process Engineer, 2006 - 2007
- ART is a joint venture between Chevron and Grace that provides sales and tech service for Chevron's hydrotreating and hydrocracking technologies.
- Prepared proposals for residual hydrotreating catalyst systems for companies worldwide resulting in a catalyst sales equaling $25 million in revenue over a two year period.
- Provided oversight for catalyst loading, sulfiding, and start-up of residual hydrotreating units for both domestic and international refineries.
Honors & Publications
Publications and Patents
- Author and Co-Author of number publications in peer review journals.
- 3 U.S. patents.
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, University of Colorado in Boulder, CO
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Mississippi State University in Starkville, MS