- Thirty years of experience in fractionation, distillation, and other separation processes for the petroleum and chemical industries.
- Areas of expertise include separation sequence development, FCC flue gas scrubbing, modeling and simulation using commercial (PRO/II) and other proprietary simulators, troubleshooting, debottlenecking, operations support, and waste water stream treatment.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Engineer Advisor, Present
- Treatment of waste water for Syncrude expansion project.
- Provided consultation on separations calculations for crude distillation, light ends, catalytic cracker and coker fractionators, chemicals systems, and sour water systems.
- Performed technical edits of crude distillation unit manuals.
- Identified deficiencies in crude distillation towers such as vacuum system inadequacies, internals damage or salt blockage, operating parameter deficiencies and developed corrective actions to restore operations.
- Performed troubleshooting of light ends towers.
- Conducted expansion and debottlenecking studies for crude distillation and light ends units, evaluating the impact of new crude slates.
- Conducted energy audit of crude tower operations, providing one site with $750 thousand per year in potential savings.
- Served as primary consultant for ionic systems including sour water strippers and NESHAP (National Environmental Standards Hazardous Air Pollutant) strippers.
- Conducted fractionation training programs.
- Developed computer models for simulating separation process including membrane permeation and moving bed adsorption.
Honors & Publications
- One U.S. patent