- Thirty years of experience in management of refinery operations and maintenance
- Petroleum refining long range and tactical planning
- Refinery engineering and project management
- Safety and reliability of operations processes.
- Contractor project management.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Project Engineer, Present
- Refinery engineering and project management technical consulting, specializing in safe and reliable process operations and all refinery maintenance support functions.
Hovensa LLC, St. Croix, U.S., Virgin Islands, Project Manager
- Managed two planners, two superintendents, and over 300 contractors on projects.
- Two air-stripping benzene removal units.
- Refinery-wide piping installation project including approximately 150 miles of offsite piping associated with the construction of a grass roots FCC unit.
Director, Refinery Maintenance
- Directed 130 company employees and managed up to 500 resident contractors.
- Managed annual maintenance budget of $150 million.
- Managed workforce reorganization of maintenance department.
- Oversaw routine, turnaround, and maintenance support functions.
- Developed and implemented cost-effective, reliability-oriented maintenance programs, supporting stable process production.
- Designed and implemented predictive and preventive programs for all process equipment.
- Managed turnaround and unit outage schedule averaging 20 outages per year.
Director, Refinery Operations
- Managed 140-member staff operating 34 process units including crude, vacuum, desulfurization, naphtha reforming, treating, 150 mb/d FCC, and a 58 mb/d coker.
- Maintained focus on excellence in safety, environment, and reliable process operations.
Philadelphia Energy Solutions, Philadelphia, PA, Turnaround Manager
- Developed scope and plan for a $27.5 milliomn turnaround of a 50,000 b/d FCC unit.
Critical Path Manager
- Led the safe and effective execution of the gas recovery side for the 50,000 BBL fluidized bed catalytic cracking (FCC) unit turnaround.
Petrologistics LLP, Houston, TX, Process Safety Management (PSM) Audit Advisor
- Consulted with another engineer to develop a PSM audit plan, onsite audit, and documentation of findings and recommendations in accordance with client-defined requirements.
Honors & Publications
- Leading Change and Organizational Renewal - Harvard Business School, MA
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA