- Petroleum refining process technology.
- Technology transfer, engineering technical service, process optimization, operator and engineering training, reformer regeneration support and troubleshooting.
- Specialist in reforming and hydrotreating processes.
Undisclosed Company, Present
- Senior Technical Advisor serving the petroleum, refinery and hydrotreating industrial clients.
ExxonMobil Research and Engineering, Area Engineering Office, Baytown, Texas
Senior Engineering Associate, 1997 - 2006
- Provided technology transfer, engineering technical service, process optimization, operator and engineering training, reformer regeneration support and troubleshooting services primarily to the 11 Exxon Americas refineries in North, Central, and South America, including the Axion Energy Argentina SRL (formerly ExxonMobil).
- Supported merger activities by incorporating best of each organization's refining technologies.
- Served as the Americas cyclic and semi regenerative reforming best net facilitator.
- Provided global support to cyclic Powerformers for both ExxonMobil and licensee units.
Esso Engineering Europe Limited, Leatherhead, Surrey, UK
Senior Powerforming Specialist, 1994 - 1997
- Provided technology transfer, engineering technical service, process optimization, engineer training, and troubleshooting services to the ten Esso European refineries and to other European non-Esso refineries that license Exxon technology.
- Process areas covered are hydroprocessing, catalytic reforming, sulfur recovery, and hydrogen plants.
Exxon Refinery, Baytown, Texas
Engineering Associate, 1987 - 1994
- Served as the catalytic reforming "expert" in the technology applications (taps) section of the operations support department.
- Taught technical and operational training courses.
- Served as the project manager and operations supervisor for the demonstration project of Powerforming USA, a new reforming process.
- Leading a major turnaround with revamps and training the process operators.
- Completing the project on time, on budget, and with zero injuries.
- Became the cyclic Powerforming "expert" for EUSA.
- Represented Exxon USA on a worldwide committee providing research guidance in reforming.
- Performed unit troubleshooting and implemented regeneration improvements.
- Participated in the planning and implementation of reformulated motor gasoline in EUSA.
- Provided reviews of the potential reforming projects for safety and operability.
- Served as chairman of several accident or incident investigations.
- Technical start-up leader and design follow-up for the Flexicoker portion of the Baytown Resid Upgrade Project (BRUP), a $500 million project.
- Process section supervisor of a Hydrocracker, a high pressure fluid catalytic cracker feed hydrotreater, and Sulfur recovery unit.
- Turnaround Manager for several turnarounds, the largest one was in excess of $10 million.
- Established several feedrate records for the Hydrocracker.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Reforming Subcommittee Under the Refining Technical Committee-Chair
- M.Eng Engineering, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX
- B.S. Chemical and Petroleum Refining Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO