Petroleum Biomediation and Environmental Safety Expert
Technical Consultant #2185
- Ppetroleum refining, synthetic fuels research, oil spill response, and environmental technology.
- Biomediation technology: Soil and field testing.
Expert Witness Experience
- Served as expert witness in a wrongful death suit brought against a major corporation.
- Environmental auditor for litigation.
Undisclosed Company, Present
Senior Technical Advisor
- Developed and field tested soil bioremediation technology.
- Demonstrated and commercially designed a reactive barrier technology for groundwater treatment.
- Provided consulting worldwide for a major petroleum refiner on site characterization and remediation issues.
- Served as Beach clean-up advisor for Valdez oil spill in Alaska.
- Wrote a major refiner's protocol for groundwater remediation by natural attenuation.
- Audited former Canadian refinery sites in support of environmental litigation.
- Generated attorney work product during Natural Resource Damage Assessment following Arthur Kill oil spill .
- Served as project manager for Prall's Island Bioremediation Project.
- Developed and implemented Exxon's corporate response to SARA 313 legislation (Community Right-To-Know).
- Acted as a technical consultant for wet gas scrubbing technology.
- Developed Exxon's ERE-100 corrosion inhibitor for gas treating units.
- Established statistical approach to analyzing monitoring well data for Benicia refinery.
- Performed root cause analysis of worldwide safety and environmental incidents.
- Coordinated Exxon's DOE founder Coal Liquefaction Large Pilot Plant Test Program.
- Led the Longer-Range Coal Liquefaction research group.
- Conducted process optimization studies making use of a linear program model.
Honors & Publications
- Registered Professional Engineer, New Jersey
- Author of Instructional Text for Protocols in groundwater remediation by natural attenuation.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN