- Twenty years of petroleum refining industry experience in the sensors, process analytics, applied spectroscopy, chemometrics, statistics and mathematical modeling.
- Managed major innovative projects from conceptualization through profitable commercialization in the corporate business environment.
- Spectroscopic (FTIR, UV-Vis) and chemometric techniques to characterize crude oil and distillates.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Technical Advisor, Present
- Developed novel measurement and test methods for use in the analytical laboratory and for online process control applications to characterize hydrocarbon feeds, refinery process streams and finished lube and fuel products.
- Led a team to identify, develop, and deploy advanced sensor and analytical techniques for the mainstream business operations; resulting in profitability improvements in excess of $5 million.
- Invented spectroscopic (FTIR, UV-Vis) and chemometric techniques to characterize crude oil and distillates more quickly, precisely, and reliably.
- Permitting increased usage of lower cost raw materials and reduced product quality giveaway.
- Organized and conducted systematic net present value analyses of Corporate Research's Innovation Portfolio for Senior Management.
- Employing decision analysis methodology that required an in-depth understanding and evaluation of several technology areas.
Laser Fusion Group, Manager
- Directed and staffed Laser Fusion Group, a group of 16 scientists, engineers and technicians to design, fabricate, and characterize microscopic targets.
- Built a cross-disciplinary microfabrication facility that employed state-of-the-art techniques in materials science, x-ray radiography, optics, thin films, polymer coatings, and nuclear counting.
Exxon, Principal Contact
- Advisor to Exxon Management on University of Rochester Laser Fusion Project.
Honors & Publications
- NRC Post-Doctoral Fellowships at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Engineering Excellence and Outstanding R&D Accomplishments - Exxon
- Outstanding New Faculty Member - Rutgers
- Davis Award for highest overall four year grade point average - Stevens
Publications and Patents
- Author of publications in extensive major technical journals
- Inventor of twelve patents
- Ph.D. Physics, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ
- M.S. Physics, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ
- B.S. Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ