- Nuclear reload core design.
- Oil and gas completions.
- Oil and gas well intervention.
- Pipeline construction management.
- Project management in nuclear, oil and gas, construction.
- Hydraulic Fracking: Project management, contracting, well completions, well interventions, and waterlines.
- Nuclear: Project management, specific technologies - incore and environmental.
- Regulatory: Federal and State permits and codes, environmental, including encroachments, wetland and wildlife.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Director, Present
- Specific to construction and engineering, responsible for directing the pre-construction, Engineering and the Construction department (35 employees, 10 pieces of heavy equipment).
- Developed the process for acquiring the waterline right-of-way, providing the permitting and engineering for temporary and permanent waterlines to support fracking operations.
- Responsible for installation of permanent and temporary waterlines.
Shell Oil Company, Engineering, 2012 - 2014
- Well intervention engineering: Designed and managed well intervention projects for both completions and production departments. Designed and managed Plugging and Abandonment (P&A) for a New York well.
- Completions Engineering: Designed and managed the fracing operation for 3 projects for Shell corporate research and development.
- Water Management - Managed the water delivery to frack operations.
- Provided creative solutions such as stitching together infrastructure, temporary waterlines to municipal supply, and developing "credit water" as a source. Saved in excess of $20 million to the Shell operation.
- Permitting and Engineering of a department for the pre - construction engineering for acquiring the waterline right-of-way and permitting and engineering the temporary and permanent waterlines.
Westinghouse Electric Corporation, Account Manager-Public Service Electric & Gas, 1981 - 1996
- Managed commercial interface between PSE&G Nuclear Business Unit and two Westinghouse Business Units.
- Sold $131 million of products and services (versus objective of $106 million).
- Worked with all levels of organizations from system engineer to Business Unit presidents.
- Worked with Boston Consulting Group and Senior Executives at PSE&G and Westinghouse.
Principal Engineer - Engineering Technology Products
- Managed the Engineering Service and Technology Product line. Increased annual sales from $8 million to $16 million.
- Directed the development of new engineering services. Participated in two Division-wide process improvement teams.
Commercial Nuclear Fuels Division Representative-Carolina
- Implemented a new technical interface between the Westinghouse Commercial Nuclear Fuels Division and three electric utilities in the Southeast - Carolina region.
- Coordinated the technical communications between the Westinghouse Energy Systems Business Unit (ESBU) divisions and the utilities.
- Provided technical consultation with Westinghouse field sales.
- Organized regional technical meetings.
Lead Engineer - Commercial Nuclear Fuels Division Core Engineering
- Managed three engineers and one technician in the core design nuclear reactors.
- Developed unique, successful engineering solutions to emergent issues.
- Initiated the first sale of nuclear design technology to Korea Electric, which resulted in the largest value technology transfer contract.
- Served as an Account Manager of over six years.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 1975 - 1979
- M.S. Nuclear Engineering, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- M.S. Human Resource Management, University of Utah, Salt Lake, UT
- B.S. Physics, Virginia Military Institute, Lexington, VA