Inkjet Technology and Digital Textile Printing Expert
Technical Consultant #2162
- Drop on demand inkjet printhead and printer technology consulting.
- Industrial inkjet printing integration and technologies.
- Digital textile printing, direct to fabric and direct to garment.
- Program management using phased, product development processes.
- Inkjet ink optimization and test methodology.
- Leadership and team building.
- 6-Sigma methodology.
Expert Witness Experience
- Provided expert witness support for two major reproduction corporations regarding thermal inkjet printhead design.
Undisclosed Company, 2013 - Present
- Work with high volume printer OEMs in graphics, packaging and textile digital printing to bring inkjet solutions to market as quickly as possible.
- Technology strategy and business development.
- Represent TTP Meteor Ltd. for printhead drive electronics and data path software.
- Develop printing and consumable solutions for industrial digital printing.
- Integrate new inkjet technology for industrial applications.
- Launch new products and applications for packaging, graphics and textile digital print markets.
Seiko, Printek Division, Chiba (Tokyo) Japan, Director of Sales and Marketing, 2010 - 2013
- This leading supplier of piezo inkjet printhead technology for industrial digital printer markets: Responsible for customer development and support for North, Central and South America.
- Consultative selling role specifying and developing new products with printer manufactures in all printing markets such as wide format, coding-marking, textile, product-decoration, printed electronics, 3D, ceramic tile and CTS.
- Key account manager. Ongoing customer support for $1million to $10 million individual accounts.
- Applications support and test liaison with Japan laboratory for supporting customer development of printers, inks and systems.
- Conference and trade show presentation and product demonstrations.
DuPont Electronics and Communications Technologies, Wilmington, DE, 2000 - 2010
Imaging Technologies SBU - Digital Printing Systems Group
- Assisted this group in the development and manufacture of inkjet inks and printers for the desktop, wide format and industrial printing markets.
Product Development Manager
- Lead multifunctional teams in the development of textile printing systems and inks. Managed hardware, color science, software and ink development.
- Developed printing technology strategy for the Artistri Digital Textile Printing Program.
- Completed technical specifications and business agreements with Japanese partners for development and manufacturing of Digital Textile Printers.
- As Program Manager, utilized the PACE phased product development process, recruited and led core team to develop the Artistri 2020 Digital Textile Printing System resulting in business growth to $24 million in three years after launch.
- Led core team to develop and launch the Artistri 3320 Digital Textile Printing System as an extension to the product line.
- Established technology direction and specifications for next generation Digital Textile Printing Systems working with multiple manufacturers and integrators.
- Assigned a consulting role on the core team of the DuPont Cromaprint UV Printer program.
- Continue to work closely with most inkjet printhead manufacturers worldwide to support DuPont ink development efforts.
Trident, Inc. an ITW Company, Brookfield, CT, 1998 - 2000
- Contributed in the development and manufacturing industrial inkjet print heads and Inks for product marking applications.
Director of Engineering
- Managed new product developments in ink jet print head technologies, ink, electronics and software meeting the technical and business requirements of Trident's OEM customer base. Development responsibilities include print head design, chemistry, electronics, software and manufacturing processes.
- Recruited a team to create new print head concepts for next generation ink jet printing technology. The team includes OEM customers, suppliers and internal and external resources.
- Planned, developed and launched next generation "Graphics" print head platform including ink, electronics and software allowing faster time to market for Trident's OEM customers.
- Established manufacturing processes, production line and test methods for new Graphics print head, piezo and ink platform.
Accent Color Sciences, Inc., E. Hartford, CT, 1994 - 1998
- A manufacturer of high speed printing systems producing color documents. Products sold worldwide directly and through partnerships with Xerox, IBM and Oce.
Director of Engineering
- Managed the development of high speed color printing system products in response to the technical and business requirements of large corporations and service bureaus.
- As part of a small, focused team, completed product development and marketing agreements with Xerox, IBM and Oce which resulted in a formal partnership to develop and market products.
- Completed the design, development and implementation of two different product lines of web and sheet feed print products, which resulted in growing the business to $15 million in three years.
- Built a technical team of 60 engineering, technical and consulting personnel. Directed the hiring, firing and teamwork necessary to deliver quality products in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
Scan Code, Inc., E. Hartford, CT, 1991 - 1994
- Manufacturer and distributor of mail processing systems throughout the United States and Canada.
Director of Operations
- Managed the development and manufacturing of envelope scanning, optical character recognition and bar-coding products to meet the requirements of mail sorting customers in corporate environments and service bureaus.
- Completed technical and business agreements and established a formal partnership with Bell & Howell to develop and market mail sorting products
- Completed the design, development and implementation of an envelope scanning and bar-coding system for reject mail. Product sold and serviced domestically by Bell & Howell, Inc.
- Created a final assembly and test operation for manufacturing mail-scanning systems that was previously outsourced. This resulted in a 35% reduction in cost of goods sold and a 20% improvement in delivery of products to market.
- Designed, developed and implemented a flat mail (large envelopes) scanning, bar-coding and sorting system which rounded out the company's product line.
KCR Technology, Division of Moore Business Forms, Inc., E. Hartford, CT, 1986-1991
Director of Engineering
- Managed the technology transfer from research and development to manufacturing and the development of high-speed electrographic printer products.
- Established manufacturing operations for essential technology components: print heads, developers, image belts.
- Designed and developed electrostatic printing systems for high-speed computer output printing.
- Built a technical service team to support the products being distributed.
Honors & Publications
- Leadership Development Program - Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, NC, Six Sigma Certification, DuPont
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Society for Imaging Science and Technology
- DuPont Marketing Excellence Award for Artistri Printing Systems Development
Publications and Patents
- Author (Book) Industrial Printing in Digital Printing of Textiles
- Six patents in Imaging Technology
- M.B.B. Black Belt, Leadership and Methodology, Villanova University, Philadelphia, PA
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Hartford, West Hartford, CT