- Over thirty years of industrial experience encompassing research and development on bench- scale, pilot scale field testing troubleshooting, supervision, and training.
- Mixing, Reactor Engineering and Filtration.
- Separations; solid to liquid, liquid to liquid and gas to liquid.
Independent Consultant, 2005 - Present
ExxonMobil Research and Engineering, Senior Engineering Consultant, 1977 - 2005
- Provided research and development and consulting for all ExxonMobil affiliates worldwide including upstream, downstream and chemicals.
- Participated in several commercial scale tests and plant reactor startups.
- Developed expertise in all areas of mixing in reacting and non-reacting systems including; liquid blending, solids suspension, liquid to liquid emulsification, gas to liquid dispersion and in-line mixing.
- Process development for onshore oil drilling completion fluid (shear-thickening).
- Demonstrated leadership in developing robust filtration systems for solid to liquid and solid to gas systems, specifically hot heavy hydrocarbons.
- Conducted extensive research and development on bench and pilot scale for obtaining design and scale-up data.
- Successfully consulted on wide variety of petroleum and petrochemical processes including; crude storage tanks, product blending tanks, synthetic fuels, polymers, performance chemicals, specialty chemicals; many involving single-phase and multi-phase complex fluids.
- Supervised a group of Ph.D. Engineers on mixing and separations.
Honors & Publications
Publications and Patents
- More than twenty-five papers in Technical Journals and Presentations at Conferences
- Seven patents with four more in process on Mixing and Filtration
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- M.S. Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India