- Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) registrations of proprietary patented conventional agricultural chemicals, new products, and new MRLs with government agencies (EPA, state governments, Canada government, and Codex).
- Coordination and networking with U.S. and Canadian government officials, trade groups, commodity groups, and universities to obtain new food crop, non-food crop registrations with EPA and other government agencies.
- Interactions with EPA and State governments to receive registrations.
- Conduct educational forums on a monthly basis for client with summation of latest FIFRA regulatory changes and news.
- Participate in industry and government meetings to comment on regulations review to provide key information to client.
- Product development of a crop agricultural chemical into the animal health and public pest markets.
Expert Witness Experience
- Data Compensation arbitration for proprietary chemical-assembled regulatory information.
- Case review and chronology, case framework and case strategy recommendations.
Undisclosed Company, Owner, Present
- National and International Consultant representing clients for FIFRA consultation at monthly Industry registration committee, toxicology committee, environmental and ecological effects committee, states affairs committee, and states meetings with EPA.
- Provides monthly webinars with summation of recent regulatory changes and updates for federal,states, and international interests to client.
- Reviews technical studies in dossier to investigate issues that impact EPA submission or approvals for registration.
Landis International, Inc. , Valdosta, GA, Senior Regulatory Specialist
- Participated in regulatory strategy for submission of new active ingredient pesticide to EPA.
- Reviewed technical studies in dossier to investigate issues that impact EPA submission or approvals for registration.
- Participated in in-person meetings and conference calls to discuss ecotoxicology, toxicology issues.
- Represented client for FIFRA consultation at monthly industry registration committee, toxicology committee, environmental and ecological effects committee, states affairs committee, and states meetings with EPA.
- Provided monthly webinars with summation of recent regulatory changes and updates for federal, states, and international interests to client.
Nichino America, Inc., Wilmington, DE, Senior Registration Manager, 2000 - 2014
- Developed regulatory strategies and completed the dossiers for EPA approvals of several proprietary active ingredients for both greenhouse and food crop uses, with EPA, and state governments that provide a review of the data (AZ, FL, NY, and CA).
- Reviewed residue study protocols, studies, and provided necessary documents to IR-4 to obtain EPA approvals of MRLs on over 200 hundred minor crops registered by the EPA.
- Led effort with U.S. Department of Defense, USDA, Rutgers University (IR-4), University of FL and TX A & M to develop new business direction of a food crop insecticide into the animal and human health markets.
- Co-authored dozens of MSDSs and three reduced risk petitions.
- Obtained waivers for selected environmental fate and toxicology studies from EPA (including via EPA technical committees), with significant savings.
- Tracked and reported adverse effects findings to EPA for all products.
E.I. DuPont de Nemours Co., Inc., Wilmington, DE, Senior Registration Manage, 1976 - 1999
- Obtained registration of 2 proprietary sulfonylurea herbicides in New York State after meetings with Deputy to Governor Mario Como and after all new active ingredient chemical registrations for all companies had been stopped in NYS DEC for previous two years.
- Project manager for two new active ingredients.
- Developed strategies for expedited review by EPA for new conventional agriculture chemicals
- Managed states' registration team (four personnel) and successfully obtained registration of all products requested in all states requested.
- Orchestrated and obtained registration of proprietary sulfonylurea in California (CDPR), one day after EPA registration.
Research Plant Pathologist
- Led primary screening of new chemicals to determine candidates for fungicide field development.
- Conducted secondary and tertiary greenhouse screening.
- Developed and implemented monitoring program for laboratory resistance to fungicides.
- Committee chairperson for coordinating discovery efforts for new chemicals with Research Chemistry Supervisors.
Honors & Publications
- Thesis: Identification of Diaporthe as Causal Pathogen of Decline in Russian Olive.
- Tools: Microsoft word, Excel, Project Management, Access, Web design certificate and PowerPoint.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Chemical Society
- Sigma Xi National Research Society
- Author and Co-Author of dozens of documents sent to EPA and state governments containing subject topics:
- Reduced Risk Rationale and Replacement for an Organophosphate (OP)
- Pyraflufen-Ethyl for the Establishment of Tolerances for Cotton and Potato
- Summary of PRZM-EXAMS and Ag Drift Modeling for Fenpyroximate Conducted by Exponent in Conjunction with Proposed Aerial Use Pattern on Cotton
- M.S. Science Plant Science, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- B.A. English and Biology, University of Delaware, Newark, DE