Atmospheric Petroleum Storage Tank Engineering Expert
Technical Consultant #2137
- Thirty-nine years of experience in fixed equipment design and repairs with specific emphasis on Atmospheric Storage Tanks and Fluid Catalytic Cracking Units (FCCU).
- Tank reliability.
- Turnaround and start-up assistance.
Independent Consultant, 1975 - Present
- Voting member for ExxonMobil in the API Subcommittee for Atmospheric Storage Tanks.
- EMRE Commercial Technology Lead for Atmospheric Storage Tanks, responsible for new technology applications.
- Lead instructor of ExxonMobil Facilities Engineering Course.
- Leader of various workshops on equipment reliability improvements and Atmospheric Storage Tanks best practices.
- Japan Tank Earthquake Mitigation Project review in Kawasaki, Japan.
- Tankage Peer Assist at all ESSO refineries in Canada and in Central and South America.
- FCCU Turnaround assistance at the ESSO Campana Refinery in Argentina.
- Tank Reliability Study lead at the Ingolstadt Refinery in Germany.
- Tank Reliability Study at the Fawley Refinery in England.
- Startup assistance to the world's first commercial Flexicoker plant in Kawasaki, Japan.
- Startup assistance at the ESSO Chemicals Olefins Plant in Cologne, Germany.
- Startup assistance at the Fluidized Iron Ore Reduction (FIOR) plant in Ciudad Guayana, Venezuela,
Honors & Publications
- Professional Engineer in the State of Texas
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the American Petroleum Institute (API)
- Member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Chairman of ExxonMobil's Engineering Technology Group on Pressure Vessels and Storage Tanks
- Leader of ExxonMobil Atmospheric Storage Tank Best Practices Action Team
- Awarded EMRE's Award for Excellence, based on work in Atmospheric Storage Tanks
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois, Champaign, IL