- Injury biomechanics
- Automotive crashworthiness
- Aircraft crashworthiness
- Computer application for occupant kinematics (MADYMO)
- Computer application for vehicle crashworthiness (LS-DYNA)
- Research on advance materials for crashworthiness applications.
- Testing machine dynamic analysis.
Forensic Crash Injury Biomechanics Experience
- Rollover crash investigations for Injury causation analysis.
- Side impact (near and far side) crash investigation for injury causation analysis.
- Frontal and oblique crash investigation for injury causation analysis.
- Rear end collisions (high speed and low seed) crash investigation for injury causation.
- ATV/UTV rollover crash injury analysis.
- Child restraint crashworthiness performance and injury causation analysis.
- Application of MADYMO and LS-DYNA for occupant kinematics and injury analysis in crash scenarios.
Undisclosed Company, Founder and Director, 2012 - Present
- Design analysis
- Occupant kinematic analysis (MADYMO)
- Occupant dynamics
- ATV/UTV crash analysis
- Structural crashworthiness (LS-DYNA)
- Injury causation analysis
Undisclosed Graduate Faculty, Mechanical Engineering Department, 2006 - Present
Chief Research Engineer
- Automotive occupant safety research
- Certification analysis
- Certification dynamic tests
- Computer Simulations for occupant kinematics analysis
University of Arkansas, Assistant Professor, 2009 - 2013
- Biological and Agricultural Engineering
IOSR-INDIA, Maharashtra, India, Founder and Director, 2008 - Present
- Founder and Director
Engineering Institute, LLC, Farmington, Arkansas, 2006 - Present
- Consultant-Occupant Protection
Wichita State University, National Institute for Aviation Research, 2000 - 2006
- Research Associate, Composites Lab, 2005 - 2006
- Graduate Research Assistant, Crash Lab, 2002 - 2005
- Graduate Research Assistant, Mechanical Engineering Department, WSU, 2000 - 2001
Honors & Publications
- Finite Element Analysis of Vertebral End-Plate Failure under High Dynamic Axial Load and Its Relation to Age: In this research, a three dimensional Finite Element Model of Lumbar spine motion segment was developed to understand the end-plate failure mechanism.
- FEM model is coupled with the analytical multi-body model of Part 572 Hybrid II dummy (MADYMO) and tests were carried out for vertical impact conditions.
Post Doctorate Research
- Advance materials for occupant protection.
- Characterization of composites at high strain rates.
- De-convolution of dynamic response of the load measuring system from the composite specimens characteristic.
- Symposium on International Automotive Technology - Best International Paper Award
Publications and Patents
- Author and Co-Author of over 20 publications: Technical bulletins, technical papers, citations, and presentations.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Wichita State University, Wichita, KS
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Wichita State University, Wichita, KS
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering, University of Pune, Pune, Maharashtra, India