- Over twenty years of mechanical engineering experience in the field of petroleum refining, including design and ASME/API code experience in pressure vessels, heat exchangers, storage tanks and piping.
- Fitness for service evaluations, linear and non-linear Finite Element Analysis (FEA), piping stress analysis, re-rating of pressure vessels, risk based inspection and equipment strategies.
- Field and startup support for oil refineries, pressure vessels, piping, and tankage.
- Mechanical design audit review of petrochemical projects in the area of pressure vessels, heat exchangers, piping and storage tanks.
- Precise mechanical specifications for reactors, towers, and pressure vessels.
- Preform linear and non-linear stress analysis using finite element method and finite difference method for design, fitness for service, troubleshooting and research and development of petrochemical equipment using: Abaqus, Patran, Ansys, Bosor on Windows, Unix and Linux operating systems.
- Piping stress analysis per ASME B31.2, B31.1 and B31.4 Code using Caesar II.
- Pressure vessel design and re-rate calculations per ASME, Section VIII, Div. 1 and Div. II.
- Pressure vessel and boiler code using Pvelite, Compress and VCESage.
- Tank design calculations per API-650 and API-620.
- Fitness for service evaluation per API-579/ASME FFS-1.
- Extensive code experience with ASME Pressure Vessel Codes (Div. 1 and 2), ASME Piping Codes B31.1, B31.3), API Storage Tank Code (A_I 650 and 620), and API fixed equipment maintenance standards (API 510, 570 and 653).
Undisclosed Company, Senior Engineering Advisor, Present
Independent Contractor, Present
Projects: Mechanical Technology Owner for Delayed Coking and Storage Tanks at ExxonMobil.
- Field support for ExxonMobil affiliates and licensees for trouble shooting plant problems.
- Risk based inspection technology and equipment strategies for maintenance and operations of plant equipment.
- Mechanical startup leader for ExxonMobil plants and mechanical field support to refineries worldwide using ExxonMobil hydroprocessing technology.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Actively participates on ASME code committees. Highlights of activities
- ASME Member of the working group on Design by Analysis for ASME Section VIII, Division II, Boiler and Pressure Vessel Cod and Elevated Temperature Design of Pressure Vessels and Internals
- Former member of API-650, Welded Tanks for Oil Storage
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, U.K.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, (1st class honors), University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, U.K