Detergents, Bleaches, Surfactants and Cleaning Chemicals Product Expert
Technical Consultant #2093
- Research and development management in the chemical industry.
- Product development of laundry products: Detergent and laundry additives.
- Product development of hard surface products in home care.
- Project management of consumer goods research and development.
- Product development of antibacterial consumer goods products.
- KPIs (Key Performance Indicator) in research and development management.
Specific Product Focus
- Active chlorine preparations containing stabilized optical brighteners.
- Low foaming cleaning formulations, aqueous bleaching and formulations for cleaning hard surfaces comprising betaine surfactants.
- Liquid hypochlorite-containing washing and cleaning composition stabilizers.
- Bleaching and disinfecting agents, detergent mixtures
- Surfactants: Aqueous dispersions of anionic and cationic
Expert Witness Experience
Provided Expert Witness Support
- Developing new antibacterial products in laundry additives.
- Developing biofilms detectors for the food industry.
- I&I, (Industrial and Institutional) portfolio optimization.
- Provided Expert Witness support in product development of soil-repellent surface cleaners.
Independent Consultant, 2013 - Present
- Product Development of antibacterial surface products in the I&I chemical cleaners sector.
- Product Development of degreasers with unique added values (soil repellency and antibacterial).
- Product Development of laundry additives with biofilm growth blockage.
- Training in Consumer Goods Chemistry.
- Support in setting up a new research and development unit for a Croatian Consumer Goods company.
Victor Grifols I Lucas Foundation, Barcelona, Spain, 2013 - 2014
- As Executive Manager providing guidance and support in the pharmaceutical sector.
Leitat Technological Center, Terrassa, Spain, 2013 - 2009
Research and Development - Fast Moving Consumer Goods Manager
- Development of new Technologies for an efficient, ecologic and intelligent washing system.
- Development of PET Bottles for highly oxidizing bleaches.
- Performance testing of EU Ecolabel laundry detergents.
- Performance testing of EU Ecolabel dishwashing products.
- Product Development of biocides based on natural extracts.
- Product Development of solid laundry additives: tablets and pouches.
- Microbiological characterization on textiles.
- Product Development of industrial degreasers.
- Product Development of hypochlorite-based and peroxide-based bleaches.
Henkel AG and Company, KGaA, Barcelona, Spain, 1988 - 2008
- Filling numerous positions in various international locations, Dusseldorf, Germany, Toluca, Mexico, Tianjin Spain, and China.
- Over 300 products developed and launched: Universal detergents, special detergents, laundry additives, bleaches, surface care cleaners and degreasers with locations in the, Western and Eastern Europe, North Africa, China and Mexico.
Executive Manager, 2001 - 2008
- Research and development of products for the laundry, home care and personal care products.
- Packaging engineer of products in home care, personal care and laundry industries.
- Research and development in the technological center of the fast moving consumer goods.
- Coaching and tutoring research and development teams. Implementation in tools of planning and strategic innovation affecting over a $350 million portfolio of projects.
- QM, (Quality Management) safety, health and environment implementation in research and development, laundry and home care.
- ISO 166.002 research and development, good practices implementation.
- Startup of a research and development unit laundry and home care products in China.
- Startup of a research and development unit laundry and home care products in Mexico.
- Startup of a research and development unit laundry and home care products in Spain.
Research and Development Manager, (Henckel Mexicana), 2001 - 2004
- Coaching and tutoring research and development teams.
Research and Development Manager, (Henkel China Detergents), 2000 - 2001
- Managing the Laundry and Home Care Products Division.
Manager, (Henkel KGaA, Germany, Research and Development), 1996 - 2000
- Management of sourcing strategy teams.
Manager, (Henkel Department of Competence), 1995 - 2005
- For the competence department in bleaching, oversaw operations.
Research and Development Manager, (Henkel Iberica, Spain), 1992 - 2000
- Managing the Laundry and Home Care Products Division.
Product Developer, (Henkel KGaA, Germany), 1991 - 1992
- Product development of laundry and home care products.
Senior Research Associate, (Henkel, various locations), 2008 - 1988
- Product development of granulated detergents.
- Product development of hard surface cleaners.
- Product development of hypochlorite and peroxide-based bleaches.
- New surfactants development.
- Product development of phosphate-free detergents.
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Cenit Seila: "New Technologies for an efficient, ecologic and intelligent washing system for the future textiles."
- Project Management and implementation of tools and practices, (Barcelona Institute of Packaging).
- Characterization of Cleaners (KH-Lloreda)
- Product Development of Industrial Degreasers (Henkel KGaA 2009-2010)
- Product Development of Bleaches
- Analytics of raw materials in detergency
- Management Development Program (IESE Business School)
- Value Creation Program (IESE Business School)
- Value Leadership through Strategic R&D (MCE Brussels)
- Management Development Program (HAY Group)
- Classes in MD "Organization of social entities" Pere Tarres Foundation
- Classes on Surfactant Chemistry MD "Industrial Chemistry" Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
- Coaching in Research and Development and Innovation Strategy
- Over 300 products launched.
- Annual research and development budget over $ 2.5 million.
- Tools of planning and strategic innovation affecting over a $350 million portfolio of projects.
- QM, Safety/Health/Environment implementation in research and development LHC.
- ISO 166.002 R&D "Good Practices" implementation
- Implementation of Performance and KPI tools for research and development.
- Innovation Award CIDEM
- Fritz Henkel Award
- $89 million sourcing strategy of raw materials in detergents for Henkel worldwide.
Honors & Publications
- Member of the European Board of Washing Excellence -BWE- (http://washing-excellence.org/bwe/meet-the-experts.aspx)
- Ignite Technologies start-up, Spain
- 3 Iberoeka certifications for shared projects in Latin America
- Spanish; mother language
- English; very fluent
- German; very fluent
- French; reading
- Italian; reading
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- European Board of Washing Excellence - BWE
- Member of 5 Ph.D. Juries
- Innovation Award: Universitat de Vic, Universitat Central de Catalunya
- Innovation Award: Catalan Government (Spain)
- Fritz Henkel Innovation Award, Germany
Publications and Patents
- 25 Scientific papers
- Startup of an European Medical Journal Editorial
- Author of an ethical framework between Enterprise and Research Center
- Conferences on Innovation Management (CED, Environment Foundation, Technical Training Schools)
- Author- Inventor of many patents: World International, Germany and U.S.A.
- M.S. Product Design Development, IESE, (Institute of Higher Business Studies), Madrid, Spain
- Ph.D. Biochemistry, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
- M.S. Biotechnology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
- B.S. Chemistry, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain