- LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
- Application monitoring - Nagios®
- Perl scripting
- Information technology management.
- Security and messaging integration.
- Advanced capabilities in SMTP and LDAP protocols.
- UNIX and Windows server platforms. Integrating heterogenous systems.
- Platform agnostics in design, usability and functionality.
- Intelligent solutions: Increase ROI, monitoring, instrumentation, visual traffic, log analytics, backup and disaster recovery.
- Retrofit existing "blind" infrastructures with advanced monitoring, instrumentation, and analytics.
Undisclosed, (A Major Utility Company), LDAP Nagios ® Consultant, 2008 - Present
- Designed and implemented production 3 Nagios environments, one for LDAP environment, one for web server environment, and another for Cassandra/Coherence environment.
- Wrote many custom monitoring tools using JMX, bash, perl, and python.
- Documented each monitoring alert with a wiki page and linked each alert to a corresponding wiki page.
- Catalogued monitoring requirements in a spreadsheet to achieve a robust system management awareness of many servers in an extremely complicated and rapidly changing environment.
Kaiser Permanente, Pleasanton, CA, Identity Management and Monitoring Consultant, 2013 - 2014
- Automation of routine desktop support tasks using experience with Perl Net::LDAP.
- Monitoring system audit and overhaul.
- Design and implementation of Nagios XI monitoring infrastructure.
- Integrate Nagios XI with Tivoli Identity Manager and Oracle Identity Manager.
- Automation of former "Daily Checker" manual monitoring tasks.
- Miscellaneous automation projects.
The Gap, San Francisco, CA, LDAP Consultant, 2014
- Build replicated LDAP infrastructure in new data center.
Honors & Publications
- French (Reading Comprehension)
- B.A. Geography, Humboldt State University, Arcata, CA