- Chemical industry in China.
- Merger and acquisitions, target search in the chemical industry, particularly China.
- Strategy development in the chemical industry in China.
- Market trends in chemical industry in China.
- Research and development optimization in chemical industry.
Expert Witness Experience
- Legal matter in merger and acquisitions.
- Legal matter in development of China chemical industry strategy.
Undisclosed Company, CEO, 2009 - Present
- Project-based work for chemical and consulting companies.
- Market studies and strategic implications.
- Strategy development and implementation.
- Management coaching and workshop moderation.
- Chemicals expert in multi-person consulting teams with particular focus on technological and chemical issues, (e.g., technology evaluation).
- Serviced clients with technical chemical consultancies:
- Kearney, EAC, Giganet, and HCA.
- Chemical Companies: AkzoNobel, BASF, Bayer, Borouge, BYK, China XD, DuPont, KPIC, Lanxess, PPG, Rhodia, Sinochem, Sudchemie, Transfar, and Yongye.
- For clients in the private equity: Morgan Stanley and CITIC.
Stratley Shanghai, Shanghai, China, Vice President APAC, 2003 - 2009
- Analysis of customer requirements and customer segmentation.
- Development of customer specific offers.
- Market entry strategies, distribution strategies.
- Concept development and implementation of HR projects.
- Establishment of liaison office in China.
- Coaching of country CEOs, e.g., for Bayer, Lanxess.
- Development of strategies for profitable growth in China.
Arthur D. Little,, Dusseldorf NRW, Germany, Senior Consultant, 2000 - 2003
- Projects in the area of strategy and organization.
- Strategy and business plan for medical technology start-up.
- Restructuring of the analytical department of a chemicals company.
- E-business strategy of an international pharmaceutical company.
- Projects in the area of market, customer and technology evaluation.
- Customer surveys, deduction of strategic measures.
- Evaluation of a dental company for private equity investor.
- Market analysis for producer of PVC additives.
- Evaluation of an innovative technology for a polymer producer.
- Study for the BDI regarding consequences of REACH.
- Technology evaluation for British chemical site.
Honors & Publications
- German (native)
- English (near-native)
- Mandarin (conversation)
- Spanish (conversation)
- Grant of the German Foundation of Chemical Industry (during Ph.D. thesis).
- Humboldt Grant for Postdoctoral studies.
- Buonocore Award for research work.
Publications and Patents
- About 120 papers on topics related to the chemical industry.
- About 60 papers related to chemical industry in China; topics include:
- Basic chemicals, fine chemicals, specialty chemicals
- Chemical distribution
- Plastics (basic plastics, plastics in automotive, recycling)
- History and trends of the Chinese chemical industry
- HR issues and salary development
- Attractive investment areas in China's chemical industry
- Strategy development in China's chemical industry
- 3 patents
- M.S. Degree, Economics, Fernuniversitat Hagen, Hagen, Germany
- Ph.D. Degree, Chemistry, Universitat Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany