Agricultural Commodities Trading, Operations Consultant and Expert Witness
Technical Consultant #2014
- Agricultural commodity trading
- Agricultural commodity supply chain management
- Agricultural commodity marine transportation
- Biofuels operations and trading
Expert Witness Experience
Provided legal services for the following entities:
- Federal Maritime Commission
- District Court, Hildalgo County
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- Court of Common Pleas, Hamilton County, Ohio
- District Court, Bonneville County
- NGFA Arbitration Case
- District Court of Lincoln County, Nebraska:
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana:
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Iowa
- Superior Court of the State of California for the County of Orange
Undisclosed Company, President, 2005 - Present
- Providing consulting services for agricultural commodity trading companies, biofuels companies and dry bulk maritime companies.
- Expert witness services relating to commodity trading, operations, and supply chain management.
- International seminar speaker on grain and biofuels co-products contracting and purchasing.
- Consulting services for all phases of ethanol and biodiesel plant construction contracts, sourcing and off-take contracting.
Louis Dreyfus Commodities, LLC, Wilton, CT, Vice President - Export Operations, 1973 - 2005
- Progressed from trading trainee to Vice President for all North American export grain operations and contract execution, working in various locations.
- Oversaw all supply chain management and elevator operations in North America.
- Responsible for all Latin America grain marketing.
- Processed all dispute resolution.
Vice-President, Export Operations
- Responsible for all LDC elevator operations.
- Oversaw all supply chain management for North American commodities.
- Handled all laker freight trading.
- Project leader for implementation of computerized trading system.
- Managed Latin American marketing with sales in excess of $400 million annually.
- Third-country warehousing operations, with specific projects in Haiti, West Africa, Ecuador, Colombia, Dominican Republic.
Director of Logistics and Operations
- Responsible for all North American logistics for all commodities and all freight and grain contract execution.
- CIF Nola Corn and Soybean Merchant: Traded soybean and corn barge positions and traded barge freight positions.
- North American Oilseeds Merchant: Responsible for all North American oilseeds trading risk positions in excess of $2 billion.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- National Grain and Feed Association - Executive Committee, Board of Directors
(Waterborne Commerce Committee Chairman, Trade Rules Committee, Biofuels Committee)
- National Waterways Conference, Inc., Board of Directors
- North American Export Grain Association - Contracts Committee, Arbitrator
- Forensic Expert Witness Association - Member
- Canadian Chamber of Maritime Commerce - Board of Directors
- Inland Waterway User Board
- Jones Act Reform Coalition - Finance Chairman
- Faculty - NGFA Trade Rules Seminar
- Faculty - Northern Crops Institute
- ASTM International - D02 Petroleum
- Testimony before both House and Senate Committees on maritime issues
- Distiller's Grains: "Building Your Dream House of Trading", Distillers Quarterly
- NGFA Arbitration Decision
- M.B.A. University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
- B.A. Microbiology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS