- Forensic engineering investigations.
- Forensic engineering providing analysis in building collapse, storm damage, warranty issues and recreation of accidents.
- Property Manager and real estate investigations.
Expert Witness Experience
- Worker injured in construction accident inside a family-run grocery store.
- Customer slipped and fell on sidewalk outside a commercial building.
- Neighbor fell over an existing retaining wall structure on private/residential property.
- Customer tripped and fell over ramp in front of restaurant establishment.
- Concrete block foundation wall collapse due to hurricane Sandy.
- Structural damage to residential buildings due to explosion event.
- Commercial building issues resulting from a structural fire.
- Brick collapse on commercial building.
- Detachment of chimney from residential building due to winter storm event.
- Water inundation in mechanical room of commercial building due to improper construction.
- Deck settlement on residential structure.
- Bowing of retaining wall due to construction defects and excessive parking lot loading.
- Collapse of shallow trusses supporting roof of commercial building due to excessive snow loading.
Undisclosed Company, President, 2009 - Present
- Forensic engineering and construction management.
- Provide expert opinion and evaluation work for law firms (both the plaintiff and defense sides) with regards to various legal cases.
- Work closely with major insurance companies as it pertains to a multitude of claims.
- Perform on-site forensic engineering investigational work.
- Analyze all documents provided for interpretation and conduct all applicable building code research.
- Prepare engineering forensic reports and opinion letters based on a thorough evaluations of all elements of each case.
- Aggressively market forensic services to prior, current and potential clients.
- Roofing systems
- Retaining walls
- Structural framing
- Foundation systems
- Building collapse
- Trip and fall
- Mold remediation
- Accident reconstruction
- Warranty issues
- Storm event damage
Undisclosed Company, Cost Engineering Consultant, 2009 - Present
- On-site for a $500 million wastewater treatment plant.
- Project at Tallman Island-College Point, NY for the New York City Department of Environmental Protection (NYCDEP) with the following responsibilities: negotiation of change orders for all trade contractors, preparation and development of all field condition design documents, review of all pertinent codes, drawings and specifications.
- Direct coordination and communication with site inspectors and city auditors to ensure all change order documents are in compliance with DEP contracts.
Joseph K. Blum Company, LLP, Associate Consulting Engineer, 2007 - 2009
- Draft construction drawings and specifications for numerous clients.
- Prepare Local Law No. 11 reports and conduct inspections for residential building clients.
- Attend and lead weekly project meetings involving the owners, building superintendents managing property agents.
- Interact with expediters regarding NYC Department of Buildings issues.
- Represent individual clients at Environmental Control Board Hearings and meetings.
- Prepare bid analysis and review for value engineering to present best contractor to client.
- Completed detailed main roof structural parapet wall failure analysis in "record time" for property management client.
- Evaluated and effectively negotiated extensive cost savings for a major upper west side client resulting in a 30% financial savings on a $1.5 million dollar window renovation project at various locations that included:
- Main roof replacement and exterior wall repairs.
- Rear roof replacement and parapet wall rebuilding.
- Main roof and terrace replacements and various water infiltration investigations.
- Window restoration survey and upper and main roof replacement.
- Window replacement project.
- Various terrace replacements and service entrance flashing and concrete walkway repairs.
- Cornice repairs, penthouse wall repairs and exterior wall replacements.
- Penthouse level repairs.
- Exterior wall and balcony repairs and parapet and roof replacement.
- Limestone band repairs and re-pointing of exterior walls and roof level railing extensions.
- Exterior wall repairs and roof replacement.
Property Management & Real Estate Investing, 2005 - 2007
Prudential-Serls Realty Co., Inc.,Brewster, NY, 2005
E. G. Clemente Contracting Corp., Staten Island, NY, 2002 - 2005
Director of Project Management
- Prepare base-line and progress updates of construction schedules to ensure accurate and timely completion of various projects, within or under budget.
- Attend and lead weekly project meetings involving client.
- Ensure proper materials are ordered and delivered based upon specific specifications as issued and mandated by the client.
- Perform field inspections to ensure projects are being built to standard based upon the contract, specifications and construction drawings.
- Drastically slashed operational costs by 50% for by streamlining their computer network operations, eliminating the need for excess telephone lines, ISP subscriptions and printers within the office environment.
- Netted multi-thousand dollars, on insurance claims by providing accurate back-up documentation to company's lawyers as a defense.
- Achieved substantial reduction in expenditures through intense negotiations with suppliers and manufacturers yielding the best possible products at the best prices.
- New York City, Department of Design and Construction and the Department of Environmental Protection.
- Installation of water mains; boroughs of Queens and Staten Island, NY, ($3 million and $7 million, respectively).
- Replacement of Eddy Hydrants; borough of Queens, NY, ($2.5 million).
- Installation of regulator valves, chambers and water mains; borough of Staten Island, NY, ($4 million).
Tishman Interiors Corporation, New York, NY, Assistant Project Manager, 2000 - 2002
- Prepared monthly requisitions for presentation to clients for this fortune 500 company.
- Developed project schedules illustrating comparisons against budgets.
- Produced bid summary reports based on quotations received from subcontractors.
- Accurately changed order evaluation and analysis in relation to contractual agreement.
- Produced detailed base-line and progress schedules tracking progress of each project to ensure appropriate allocation of funds.
- Delivered unprecedented 20 -30% monthly savings to clients through intensive evaluation and analysis of subcontractor requisitions, virtually eliminating subcontractor over-billing.
- Recognized by upper management for crafting thorough bid summary reports yielding most appropriate match of trade subcontractor for a specific project.
- Effectively negotiated change-orders and payments with subcontractors to net substantial savings for client.
Trataros Construction Inc., Brooklyn, NY, Project Engineer, 1997 - 2000
- On site in Connecticut: Supervised workers on various construction sites to ensure quality of work and adherence to the specific project schedule. At times, a labor force of over 100 trade professionals and extensive budgets were managed.
- Managed, developed, designed and prepared requests for change orders.
- Facilitated payment requisitions.
- Prepared as-built drawings to submit for approval by Resident Engineer and Architect.
- Credited in generating additional $30,000 from change orders within a few months.
- Successfully enforced project safety rules, thereby achieving an 100% safety record on all projects.
- Veteran's Administration Medical Center, Newington, CT.
- Addition to the existing medical center to match the existing; to include new patients' facilities.
- Bachelor's quarter's modernization, (a $30 million project).
- Demolition of complete interior and construction of new sailors' rooms including laundry facilities and recreational area.
- Conning Towers Housing improvements. ($10 million project).
- Renovation of the existing houses including new siding, windows and landscaping, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Major site-work to include new gas lines, removal of underground storage tanks and central recreational site.
United States Corps of Engineers Officer School, Fort Leonard Wood, MO, 1996
Proto-Power Corporation, Groton, CT, Engineering Consultant, 1996
- Prepared comprehensive data and analysis for the first service water inspection management database, in the United States, for a California-based client.
- Developed and produced pipe support calculations for the Connecticut Yankee Nuclear Power Plant.
- Achieved certification to enter power plants through Northeast Utilities Plant access and radiation worker's training.
- Credit with generating an additional $100,000 in revenue through innovative re-design of critical pipe supports.
- Praised for innovative efforts, spearheading development of system to accelerate repair and replacement of components within nuclear facilities.
- Commissioned Officer and 2nd Lieutenant and graduate of Army Reserve Officer Training Program.
- Graduate of the United States Army Engineering Officer Basic School, Fort Leonard Wood, MO.
- Connecticut National Guard, Platoon Leader.
- Main National Guard, Assistant Platoon Leader.
- Culvert replacement and road renovations, Stones Ranch Military Reservation, East Lyme, Connecticut ($3 million).
- Fence installation and road repairs, San Diego, California, Vicinity of Otay Mountain Range,($11 million).
Honors & Publications
- Certified Mediator, Quinnipiac College, School of Law, Hamden, CT, Center for Dispute resolution.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Connecticut
- NYC Scaffolding Training
- Former Licensed Real Estate Salesperson, Connecticut and New York
- OSHA 40 hour certification (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response).
- OSHA 10 hour certification
- Confined Space Entry/Rescue Training (Based on OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146)
- Seminar in Polymer-Modified Concrete Restoration Products and Protection Systems (Strongwall Industries, Inc.)
- Program in Anchoring-Basic Theory (Meets AIA Criteria for Health/Safety/Welfare)
- HUD and 203k Certified Consultant
- National Academy of Forensic Engineers (NAFE) Correspondent
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- National Society of Professional Engineers, Member
- National Academy of Forensic Engineers, Correspondent
- Connecticut Society of Civil Engineers, Member
- American Society of Civil Engineers, Member
- M.S. Construction Administration, Columbia University, New York, NY
- MBA University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT
- B.S. Civil Engineering, University of Maine, Orono, ME