Carbon Nanotubes and Nanocomposites Expert in Design and Fabrication
Technical Consultant #1976
- Engineering, fabrication and commercialization of high-performance nanomaterials and composites.
- Growth, processing and utilization of carbon nanotube and graphene materials.
- Grapheme growth architecture, tailored structure and characterization.
- Design, fabrication modeling and testing of nanodevices.
- Physics and applications of low-dimensional devices and nanomaterials.
- Surface chemistry, self-assembly and process chemistry for nanomaterials.
- Micro and nano-structural characterization of materials.
- Materials electrodynamics including plasmonic and photonic effects.
- Consulting and technical analysis for commercial nanotechnology.
- Nanotechnology: Touch screens, electronic transparent electrodes, develop transistor for super capacitors.
- Design and fabrication of CNT-based optical materials and optical films.
- Inception and demonstration of high-performance, all-solid-state supercapacitor.
- Catalyst-free, chemical vapor deposition growth of graphene sheet.
- Exploration of parameters affecting the nanoparticle-catalyzed CVD growth of single-walled nanotubes on substrates.
- Demonstration of substrate-directed 'continued growth' of chirality selected single-walled carbon nanotubes.
- Nanolithography for fabrication of magnetic memory (MRAM) elements.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Nanotechnologist, 2012 - Present
- Method development for high precision techniques for carbon nanotube synthesis.
- Design and optimization of ultra-black surface coatings for high performance optics.
- PI for investigation of non-linear optics effects based on carbon nanotube structures.
- Successful proposal writing for federal and private capital funding.
Undisclosed University - Chemistry Department, Adjunct Professor, 2012 - Present
- Synthesis and study of novel graphenic carbon material for high-performance electrochemistry.
Mid-Atlantic Technology, Research & Innovation Center, South Charleston, WV, 2008 - Present
- Research Scientist at the Research and Innovation Center.
- PI for grant exploring high performance materials derived from carbon nanotube architectures.
- Functionalization chemistry development for carbon nanotubes.
- Electrochemical synthesis of nanomaterials.
- Ultra-sensitive surface chemistry characterization of carbon nanotubes.
Quantum Wired LLC, Katy, TX, Technical Consultant, 2007 - 2008
- Technological analysis of commercial potential for carbon nanotube energy storage device.
Smalley Group, Rice University, Houston, TX, 2004 - 2008
- Graduate Research Assistant
University of Idaho, Moscow, ID, Materials Science Department, 2000 - 2004
- Undergraduate Research Assistant; Materials Science
Honors & Publications
Publications and Patents
Author and Co-Author of numerous publications in peer reviewed journals, abstracts, articles and invited national and international speaker.
- 10 Peer Reviewed Publications.
- Invited Talks on topics such as:
- Rational Design of Fabricable Nanotechnology.
- Multifunctional Carbon Nanomaterials,
- 3 U.S. patents with 3 pending patents.
- Solid-State Supercapacitor.
- Ph.D. Applied Physics, Rice University, Houston, TX
- M.S. Applied Physics, Rice University, Houston, TX
- B.S. Physics, (Mathematics minor) University of Idaho, Moscow, ID
- B.S. Metallurgical Engineering, University of Idaho, Moscow, ID
- B.S. Materials Science, University of Idaho, Moscow, ID