- Broad based fluoropolymer industry experience (33 years).
- Distribution of fluoropolymer resins.
- Sales and business development of Teflon® fluoropolymers.
- Leadership responsibilities in sales and marketing and manufacturing and plant operations.
- New product development for Teflonfluoropolymers.
- Fluoropolymer polymerization and related manufacturing management experience.
- Deep understanding of PFOA (C8) surfactant issues and impact on manufacturers and product processing and properties.
- Intellectual property protection experience.
- Business leadership including financial analysis, strategic plan development and implementation.
- Board of Director experience in China and Europe.
Independent Consultant, Present
Specialty Distribution, 2009 - 2012
Vice President New Business Development
- Grow the fluoropolymer distribution business by adding new product lines.
- Explore diversification opportunities.
- Upgrade marketing activities.
Vice President Sales
- Work with Vice President of operations to start-up fluoropolymer distribution company.
- Develop and implement sales processes to efficiently serve 1000 customers including Customer Relationship Management (CRM), pricing, product allocation and forecasting.
- Assist Regional Sales Managers with key negotiations and contracts.
- Build relationships with key customers.
- Work with Vice President of operations to manage day to day operation of the company.
- Work with President and Vice President of operations to manage cash flow and profitability.
Shamrock Technologies Corporation, Newark, NJ, Vice President Marketing, 2008 - 2009
- Develop and implement new business positioning strategy as largest global recycler of PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene).
- Build and lead global team to improve penetration in plastics additive applications.
- Identify and explore a substantial growth opportunity.
- Upgrade website for recycled PTFE and other products.
- Board Member for European and Chinese Companies.
- Develop and implement improved financial and forecasting processes.
W. L. Gore & Associates, Newark, DE, Associate, 1996 - 2008
- Lead teams responsible for global procurement of fluoropolymer resins for Gore.
- Assist with formation of SG3F Gore joint venture in Shanghai, China.
- Serve as a board member for the SG3F joint venture.
- Participate as a key member and co-leader of team dealing with PFOA related issues.
- Principal investigator and team leader for development and commercialization of Glide® comfort plus dental floss.
- Leader of electrochemistry business serving lithium ion and supercapacitor markets.
- Leader of the Gore corporate task force on the PFOA issue, including all aspects of the PFOA, such as regulatory compliance, (FDA, EPA, UBA, state agencies), supplier and product transitions, legal issues, media inquiries and impact on brand management.
DuPont Company, Wilmington, DE, 1980 - 1996
- Global Business Leader for Teflon Industrial Finishes
- Plant Superintendent and Plant Business Team Leader - Teflon Polymers - Washington Works, Washington, WV.
- Plant Superintendent and member of Global Business Team - Viton® Polymers - Chambers Works, Deepwater, NJ.
- Technical Services Supervisor - Teflon fluoropolymers - Wire and Cable, Wilmington, DE.
- Sales and Business Development - Teflon fluoropolymers - Aerospace Wire and Cable, Western U.S., Mission Viejo, CA.
- Technical Service - Teflon fine powder, paste extrusion, Wilmington, DE.
- Research Associate -Fluoropolymers, Washington Lab, Washington, WV.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
Society of Plastics Industry
- Manufacturer's Council member (board level activity).
- Fluoropolymers executive committee member.
- Chairman FPD (fluoropolymers division).
- As Chairman of the FPG, addressed the PFOA issue, attended all EPA public meetings, OECD meeting in Sweden and trade association meeting in China.
- 9 U.S. Patents for various fluoro-copolymers of (TFE) and method, and for low density dental floss and method.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA