Large Scale Fermentation Chemical Engineering: Carbohydrate Processing, Lysine, Threonine, Citric Acid and MSG
Technical Consultant #1921
- Business analysis in the field of fermentation and carbohydrate processing.
- Developments in the businesses based on large scale fermentation, particularly lysine, threonine, citric acid, MSG, lactic acid and vitamin C.
- Comprehensive data base of trade, production and pricing in lysine, threonine, citric acid, MSG, lactic acid and vitamin C.
- Commercialization of new technology specifically in the field of biotechnology.
Independent Consultant, Present
SA Bioproducts, (Management buyout from AECI), 2001 - 2010
- Director, 2009 - 2010
- Chairman, 2007 - 2009
- Managing Director, 2001 - 2007
AECI Ltd. , 1970 - 2001
- Research and Development Department, 1970
- Assignment to ICI Ltd in UK , 1971 - 1974
- Technical Department, (Engineering and Technology), 1975 - 1978
- Process Development (Group Leader), 1979 - 1981
- Office Manager, (AECI London), 1982 - 1985
- Production Section Manager Sasolburg, 1986 - 1987
- Synthetic Fuels Development Manager, 1988 - 1989
- Lysine Venture Manager, (AECI Bioproducts, MD), 1990 - 2001
Honors & Publications
- PMD,(Professional Master's Degree), University of Cape Town, South Africa
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Board of the Technology Innovation Agency of the South African government. This agency is responsible for promoting the commercialization of technology in South Africa with an annual budget of $50 million.
B.Sc., Chemical Engineering, University of Cape Town, South Africa