- Setting up research labs for residency programs.
- Bone implant design and testing.
- Dental biomaterials development and testing.
- Stem cell separations and testing.
- Bone cement based drug delivery.
Undisclosed Medical Center, Director, Orthopedic Bioengineering, Lab., 2007 - Present
- Work with surgeons and residents (different specialties) to develop research projects.
- IRB and IACUC application process.
- Develop bioskills cadaver laboratory sessions.
- Polymer based local drug delivery.
- Adult stem cell differentiation and 3D cell culture.
- Implant and instrumentation design.
- Dental research.
Undisclosed University, Design of Engineering, Faculty, 2010 - Present
- Teach graduate level biomaterials course.
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, Visiting Assistant Professor, 2004 - 2006
- Research Postdoctoral Associate - Department of Chemistry
- Polymer composite preparation and testing for dental and industrial applications.
Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic foundation, Cleveland, OH, 2000 - 2004
- Graduate Research Assistant, for the Department of Biomedical Engineering.
- Bone biomechanics, biomechanical testing and biomimetic glucose sensor coating.
- Modified and tested subchondral support pegs used in humerus fixation.
- Designed and tested different chemotherapeutic bone cement formulations in a rabbit model.
- Designed and tested electrospun drug delivery mats used to augment bone fracture healing.
- Mesenchymal stem cell separation protocol.
- The Bionic Human, ME-GenEd Department of Mechanical Engineering, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA.
- Biomaterials, School of Design and Engineering, Philadelphia University, Philadelphia, PA.
Honors & Publications
- Reviewer: Biomedical Engineering online, Polymer International, Polymer journal, Materials Chemistry and Physics (MCP)
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Member, Engineering Journal Editorial Board
- Member, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- American Biomechanics Society (ASB)
- Intellectual Property Committee, Einstein Health Network, Philadelphia, PA
- Judge, Annual resident research competition, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Member, BioMedical Engineering OnLine Editorial Board
Publications and Patents
- Over 60 publications
- One U.S. patent.
- D.Eng. Applied Biomedical Engineering, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH
- M.S. Biochemical Engineering/Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology, New Delh, India
- B.Tech. Chemical Engineering, University of Madras, Chennai, India