Electronics, Video Game Technology, and Signal and Data Processing Expert
Technical Consultant #1836
- Electronics, computer hardware and software, video game technology, and electrical engineering.
- Signal and data processing electronics.
- Patent infringement analysis.
- Skilled at explaining complex technical issues in a clear and easy to understand manner.
Expert Witness Experience
- Extensive expert witness testimony experience in the fields of electronics, computer hardware and software, video game technology, and electrical engineering.
- Litigation support, strategy development and research for patent infringement litigation.
- Court testimony concerning major video game manufacturers.
Independent Consultant, 1975 - Present
- Consultant in the electronics design and product development of consumer, commercial, medical, and industrial control products.
- Invented, developed, and negotiated licenses for a portfolio of successfully marketed electronic toys.
Raytheon (Formerly Hughes Aircraft), Los Angeles, CA, Senior Program Manager, 1976 - 2011
- Thirty five years' experience in the development of signal and data processing electronics with progressively expanding responsibility in program management and technical leadership positions.
- Development of five generations of extremely high throughput signal and data processing electronics for space and airborne infrared sensors, many as part of the Ballistic Missile Defense and Strategic Defense Initiative programs.
- Proven record of managing programs within budget and on schedule.
- Key player in new business and proposal development resulting in the win of several large space programs.
- Skilled at developing and motivating multidisciplinary teams.
- Most recently was responsible for the program management of the ARTEMIS hyperspectral imaging payload for the U.S. Air Force TacSat-3 satellite.
- Previously managed the electronics, and signal and data processing for DoD Space new business development.
- Responsible for the program management of the payload signal and data processing electronics for the Space Tracking and Surveillance System, a low earth orbiting satellite to detect and track ballistic missiles during the midcourse phase of flight.
- Managed the payload processing electronics for the Space Based Infrared System -Low flight demonstration satellite system, including the development of six custom digital application specific integrated circuits resulting in a first pass success for all six devices.
- Developed the first processor to perform target detection and tracking of ballistic missiles performed on-board a spacecraft.
- Was the first to implement real time signal processing algorithms for space-based sensors with large mosaic infrared focal plane arrays.
- Credited with numerous innovations in parallel/pipeline signal processing architectures. Authored and presented a seminar on successful program leadership.
GTE Automatic Electric, Chicago, IL, Electronics Engineer, 1975 - 1976
- Hardware and software design of computer controlled test systems for automated telecom switching equipment.
Honors & Publications
- Hughes Fellowship Program
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Aviation Week 2010 Program Excellence Finalist, C4ISR Top 5 Innovations
- 3 U.S. Patents
- M.S.E.E. University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- B.S.E.E. Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL