- Practicing emergency medicine physician with over 11 years of experience.
- Diagnose and treat emergencies in Level II-III hospital emergency department.
- Practicing internal medicine physician with over 15 years of experience.
- For personal injury or medical malpractice claims, in-depth understanding of litigation process for both prosecuting and defending parties.
- Provide medical analysis of medical documents and affidavits for attorneys.
- Investigate consumer complaints lodged against physicians and related healthcare providers.
- Work with legal entities to help define healthcare provider's appropriate standard of care.
Expert Witness Experience
- Expert testimony related to medical practice, healthcare delivery and standards of medical care.
- Medical malpractice and personal injury cases involving emergency room procedures.
- Law cases involving failure to diagnose or treat, denying emergency room admission or treatment, or other issues pertaining to urgent care.
- Analysis of medical circumstances and opine on decisions regarding the appropriate standard of care.
Undisclosed Medical Facility/Hospital, 2002 - Present
Emergency Medicine and Overnight Supervising Physician
- Diagnosed and treated emergencies in Level II-III emergency department.
- Dealt with difficult issues informing families about life changing circumstances.
Independent Consultant, 2008 - Present
- Expert Witness Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine.
Kaiser Permanente, Honolulu, HI, Intensive Care Physician, 2001 - 2002
- Diagnosed and treated seriously ill patients in critical care unit.
John J. Pershing Veteran's Hospital, Poplar Bluff, MO, 2001
Emergency Medicine Physician
Office of the Attorney General, Medical Licensing Section, Indianapolis, IN
- Investigated physician and related health professional consumer complaints with legal assessment.
- Violations issued to licensed health care providers, based on supporting facts and legal analysis.
- Government agencies consulted include the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency), Medicaid Fraud and other related professional licensing boards based on specific allegations.
- Participation and consultation with the Deputy Attorney General(s) in monthly Medical Licensing Board meetings regarding health care violations.
Marion County Prosecutors Office, 2005
- Domestic Violence - Researched legal authority
Urgent Care and Internal Medicine, Howard Beach, NY, 1984 - 2001
- Urgent Care and Internal Medicine Physician.
Honors & Publications
- McGeorge School of Law, Sacramento, California-Visiting Student
- Internal Medicine Board Certification
- Internal Medicine Resident, Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- New York
- Royal College of Surgeons, Dublin, Ireland
- Admitted District of Columbia Bar (Health Law)
- Admitted New Mexico State Bar (Health Law)
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- New Mexico State Bar (Health Law)
- American Bar Association (Health Law)
- J.D. Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, IN
- M.D. Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- B.S. Biology, American University, Washington, D.C.