Protein Drug Products Expert including Enzymes, Antibodies and Antigens
Technical Consultant #1823
- Purification and characterization of proteins and glycoproteins.
- Protein and glycoprotein drug products including enzymes, antibodies and antigens.
- Enzymology - development of reliable, linear assays (colorimetric, fluorometric, radioactive), kinetic analysis of enzymatic reactions.
- Technical writing and editing (e.g., CMC sections of new drug applications, biological licensing agreements; technical reports, white papers, development reports, validation reports).
- Miscellaneous separation techniques (e.g., dialysis, ultrafiltration, membrane centrifugation lyophilization).
- Immunochemical techniques (e.g., ELISAs, RIAs, blotting analysis, immunoprecipitation, double immunodiffusion).
- Chromatographic techniques (e.g., column, HPLC, GLC, HP-TLC).
- Electrophoretic techniques (e.g., SDS-PAGE, Native-PAGE, capillary electrophoresis, isoelectric focusing, pulsed field gel electrophoresis).
- Centrifugal techniques (e.g., differential, velocity sedimentation, velocity density, Isopycnic).
Undisclosed Company, President, 2010 - Present
- Protein therapeutics.
Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, 1982 - Present
- Professor of Chemistry Emeritus, 2010 - Present
- Professor, Chemistry Department, 1995 - 2009
- Professor, Chemistry Department, Head, Biochemical Sciences, and Director, Institute for Health
Sciences, 1989 - 1995
- Professor, Chemistry Department and Head, Division of Biochemical Sciences, 1984 - 1989
- Professor, Chemistry Department, 1982 - 1984
University of California at San Diego, School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA, 1972 - 1982
- Associate Professor, Neurosciences Department, 1981 - 1982
- Assistant Professor, Neurosciences Department. 1975 - 1981
- Assistant Research Neuroscientist, Neurosciences Department, 1974 - 1975
N.I.H. Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Neurosciences, 1972 - 1974
- Digestive Care Inc., Characterization of Pancrelipase Proteins.
- LESN Research Fund: Sperm Fucosidase Study.
- Biochemical Basis of Human Disease Fund.
- St. Lukes Hospital: Breast Cancer/Cathepsin D Study and STC Diagnostics,Cathepsin D in node-negative breast cancer patients.
- Minister of Science and Education (Spain), purification and characterization of rat sperm.
- Pool Health Care Trust: Neurotoxicity of human tissue ribonuclease II N, human tissue ribonuclease isoenzyme glycosylation, surgical oncology and, characterization, identification of a compound enriched in Cystic Fibrosis urine and biochemical markers in cancer patients.
- Merck & Co., Inc., Glycosylation of monoclonal antibody and glycosylation of recombinant hepatitis B surface antigen.
- National Institutes of Health: Studies on the carbohydrate moieties of ą, A Preparative Ultracentrifuge, and human liver ą-L-Fucosidase and Fucosidosis, and human liver sialytransferase and ą-L-Fucosidase.
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation: Studies on cystic fibrosis tissue ą-D-Glucosidase.
- Kroc Foundation: Characterization of altered glycoprotein metabolism in human diabetes.
- American Lung Association: Cystic fibrosis - biochemical studies and studies on the biochemical defect in cystic fibrosis.
- National Foundation - March of Dimes: Fucosidosis, human ą-L-Fucosidase and Mental Retardation.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Biochemical Society
- American Association for Advancement of Science
- Honors Graduate, University of Chicago
- NIH Postdoctoral Fellowship
- NIH Research Career Development Award
- Briody Award for Teaching and Advising
- Case National Professor of the Year Nominee
- National Institutes of Health: Research Career Development Award
- Approximately 100 Scientific Publications and 10 Invited Reviews, Chapters of Books, and Monographs.
- 75 Papers Presented at Scientific Meetings and Universities
- Ph.D. Biochemistry, University of Oregon Medical School, Portland, OR
- B.A. Psychology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL