Fall Protection and Board Certified Safety Expert
Technical Consultant #1806
- World-wide authority in the field of industrial and construction fall protection, with 40 years safety and human factors experience.
- Registered Safety Engineer CA/MA, and certified safety professional, CSP.
- Certified in human factors, a scientist, and an author of textbooks and numerous articles on safety and hazard recognition.
- Cell towers, communication towers, wind turbine towers, confined spaces, ladders, work platforms, emergency egress, and high-rise buildings safety solutions.
- Developed Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) standards on fall protection for 30 years.
- Labels warnings and instructions expert.
- Safety consulting, business development, business agreements relating to safety requirements, and safety assessments.
- Developer of safety appliances including ladder improvements, patent holder, safety solutions, developer of safety procedures, eliminator and controller of workplace walking/working hazards.
- Application of safety principles to potential incidents of sudden energy release that potentially cause injury and property damage.
- Extensive networking in the industry has brought him within reach of many leading experts in related specialties.
Expert Witness Experience
- Testified at OSHA hearings on fall protection in the Oil and Gas Well Drilling and Servicing industry, Exterior Building Maintenance, Construction, General Industry and Confined Space Standards.
- Provides expert witness services to OSHA in fall protection cases and also testified in product liability cases.
Undisclosed Company, President, 2005 - Present
- Fall protection assessment, engineering, installation and training in the workplace.
D S C, Inc, President, 1985 - 2004
- Safety consulting firm providing corporate and OSHA consultation for elevated work safety policy, programs and training, planning of feasible work methods and safety engineering of the workplace.
- Site visit evaluation of work practice and fall hazard exposure. Fall protection engineering consultant on site for turnaround, construction and process.
- Offer nationwide fall protection training classes.
- Consulting and training institute encompassing, all fall safety issues, ladder improvements, litigation and support.
C.E.O., Research & Trading Corporation (RTC), 1986 - 1996
- A safety equipment manufacturer providing safety engineering and design of RTC manufactured fall arrest products into the workplace, including human factors, engineering of labels and warning information systems.
Research & Trading Corporation (RTC), President, 1970 - 1986
- Safety equipment wholesaler and manufacturer setting up systems for fall protection and emergency escape from elevated workstations to be engineered into the workplace or buildings.
Addressograph Multigraph, Sales Representative, 1968 - 1970
- Varityper Division: Typesetting systems for newsletters, reports, engineering drawings, educational and training audio visual facilities.
DuPont Company, Research Chemist, 1967 - 1968
- The research and development of high temperature, high strength, fire retardant thermoplastics for industrial engineering applications.
Honors & Publications
- Focused education on the research of sunlight induced reactions of common chemicals to produce complex industrial chemicals and pharmaceuticals by more economical engineering means.
- Courses taken: Advanced Mathematics, Physics, Organic, Occupational Biomechanics, Industrial Engineering and Safety, Engineering Economics, Lean Production, Inorganic and Physical Chemistry.
- Registered Safety Engineer CA/MA, Certified Safety Professional.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American National Standards Institute
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Delaware Engineering Society
- National Academy of Forensic Engineers
- Veterans of Safety, 1990 Member
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
- American Society of Safety Engineers
- American Society for Testing and Materials
- National Association of Tower Erectors
- ASSE Engineering Practice Specialty
- American National Standard A10 Construction & Demolition Operations
- International Organization for Standardization
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- American Society for Testing and Materials
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- NSC Medal - William H. Cameron Award for Safety
- American Society of Safety Engineers - Professional Member
- National Directory of Safety Consultants ASSE
- ASSE Engineers Practice Specialty By-Design Editor "Most Improved Newsletter" Award
- NSC Distinguished Service to Safety Award (DSSA)
- ASSE Fellow Honor Award
Publications and Patents
- Author of textbooks and numerous articles on safety, hazard recognition and Newsletter Editor.
- 6 patents.
- Ph.D. Photochemical Processes, Manchester University, England
- M.Sc. Chemistry, Manchester University, England
- B.Sc. Chemistry, (with honors), Manchester University, England
- M.S. Industrial Engineering and Safety, Auburn University, AL