Synthetic Organic Medicinal Chemist Specializing in Discovery, Drug Development, and Process Research and Development
Technical Consultant #1779
- Synthetic organic medicinal chemistry discovery.
- Drug development, process research.
- Outsourcing of drug research and development and manufacture.
Undisclosed Company, 1998 - Present
- Editorial Advisory Board
Schering-Plough, Bloomfield, Union, and Kenilworth, NJ, 1965 - 2004
- Research Section Leader, Discovery Research
- Director of Process Research and Development
- Director of Sourcing and New Technology
Kuraray America Inc., Consultant, 2004 - 2010
- Senior Advisor (consultant)
- Invented the process for making halazepam.
- Discovery of, and process for, quazepam.
- Completed the processes for: Ezetimibe (Zetia), loratadine (Claritin), and posaconazole (Noxafil).
- As Director of Sourcing and New Technology, supervised the outsourcing of intermediates for all new drug candidates undergoing clinical trials.
Honors & Publications
- Rutgers University Scholarship
- Rutgers University Teaching Assistantship
- University of Kansas Teaching Assistantship
- National Institutes of Health Predoctoral Fellowship
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Chemical Society
- The New York Academy of Science
- Sigma Xi (Science)
- Rho Chi (Pharmacy)
- Phi Lambda Upsilon (Chemistry)
- Fellow, The American Institute of Chemists
Publications and Patents
- Publications: Eighteen
- Patents: Thirty-five
- Merck Index - Halazepam and quazepam
- Editorial Board of Contract Pharma Journal
- Ph.D. Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
- M.S. Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Rutgers University, Newark, NJ
- B.S. Pharmacy, Rutgers University, Newark, NJ