- Innovative, results orientated and profit focused, with an exceptional record of accomplishment of achievement in the manufacturing sector.
- Former Operations Director (in a manufacturing company of 350 staff) and highly successful General Manager of a manufacturing plant with over 600 employees (in a highly unionized environment).
- Coach plant managers to optimize performance for their manufacturing operations.
- Described by European client as "one of the best in the world" in the successful management of complex operations and manufacturing projects.
- The design and building of manufacturing plants.
- The relocation of manufacturing plants.
- The design of specialized machinery to help clients achieve their production goals.
- The design and implementation of operations control systems and management information systems.
- "Turnarounds" of manufacturing plants.
- Chemical manufacturing (catalytic converters)
- Bottling plants
- Logistics and distribution
- Supply chain planning
- Food manufacturing
- IT hardware and software solutions
- Fashion garments and general clothing
- Catalytic converters
- Glass industry
- Utilities and public services
- Ambulance services
- Fiber cement and molded products
- Armored and military defense vehicles
- Automotive industry
Undisclosed Company, Executive Manufacturing Consultant, 1994 - Present
- Company Industry: Manufacturing Interim/Consultancy.
- Industrial consulting services is a highly specialized consultancy providing both interim Directors/Managers and consultants to the manufacturing industry.
- Outstanding achievements in the manufacturing industry specializing in five main areas of operations and manufacturing, these are:
Design and building of manufacturing plants
- Design new building process flow designs, machine layout designs and on occasion bespoke machinery designs.
- This includes manning levels, skills requirements, skill retention and skills transfer, management information systems, performance monitoring, plant commissioning to meet the clients' requirements in both product quality and production capacity.
- Domestic and international plant relocation and the consolidation of plants under one roof.
- Providing the specialized manufacturing ability to relocate plants whilst maintaining production, thus keeping the company profitable throughout the relocation.
- Helping clients achieve their production goals, both in quality and quantity.
- Working with the entire supply chain, purchasing, logistics and management information systems for World Class manufacturing operations.
- Manufacturing operations performing requirements that include "Turnarounds" of manufacturing plants running at a loss.
Relocation of manufacturing plants
Design of specialized machinery
Design and implementation of operations control systems
- Recognized by a number of international companies (USA, Europe, South Africa and UK), as one of the world's best in the successful management of complex projects.
- For a major manufacturer of catalytic converters in Europe, provided client with a world first for their unique manufacturing requirements and by re-engineering production process, which resulted in a patent application and a 770% increase in manufacturing levels.
- For a JV in the automotive industry provided 300% improvement and for a packaging plant in Denmark, provided 500% improvement in manufacturing.
Honors & Publications
- Industrial Engineering, Croydon College of Design and Technology, Croydon, London
- Wits Business School - Business Management
- Interpersonal Managing Skills
- Production Planning and Sales Forecasting
- Effective Presentations
- Financial Management
- Advanced Work Measurement
- Certified iCEO™ Top International Executive
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the British Institute of Management Services
- Professional Member of the American Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
- Institute of Management Services (AMS)
- Author of two books.
- B.S. Production Processes and Work Measurement, University of Natal, Natal, South Africa