- An accomplished Ph.D. with expertise in immunology, microbiology, cell Biology, molecular biology, microbiology flow and a proven background in biomedical research work.
- Cell-based oncogenic assays.
- Recombinant DNA technology.
- SiRNA technology.
- Nucleic acids and blotting technology.
- Protein and fusion protein purification.
- Monoclonal antibody technology.
- Protein labeling technology.
- Confocal microscopy.
- Diagnostic microbiology.
- Cell culture and cell line development.
- Mouse model studies in autoimmune diseases and immunotherapy.
St. Joseph's Hospital, Tampa, FL, Scientist, 2009 - Present
- Department of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology in the area of acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.
University of Illinois College, Research Specialist, 2008 - 2009
- Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, of Medicine, Illinois
University of Alabama School of Medicine, Post-Doctoral Researcher, 2006 - 2008
- Department of Hematology/Oncology
Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel, Post-Doctoral Research, 2002 - 2005
- Department of Immunology in area of autoimmunity studying the mechanisms of an altered peptide ligand in down regulating symptoms of Myasthenia Gravis.
- Department of Molecular Biology, investigating the mechanisms of Dengue Virus entry.
University of Madras, India, 2000 - 2002
- Lecturer and Head, Department of Microbiology, courses taught:
- Immunology, Bacteriology.
- Molecular Biology for Masters Students.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Association for Advancement of Sciences
- American Association of Neurology
- American Association of Immunologists
- Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society
- Best Post-Doctoral Research Award, University of Alabama School of Medicine.
- Career Enhancement Award, UAB.
- Travel award for the BSI (British Society of Immunology) conference "Therapeutic Tolerance : Myth or Reality," held at University of Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K.
- Young Scientist Award, 3rd International Symposium on Recent Trends in Life Sciences, Bangalore, India.
- Junior Research Fellowship and Senior Research Fellowship by Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi.
- Reviewed manuscripts in the area of immunotherapy and immune disorders.
- Editor Board member and Reviewer for:
- Journal of Medical Sciences
- International Journal of Cancer Research
- Trends in Medical Research
- Research Journal of Immunology
- Asian Journal of Biological Sciences
- Ph.D. Microbiology and Immunology, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, India
- M.Sc. Applied Microbiology, University of Madras, India
- B.Sc. Food Science, University of Madras, India