Petroleum Refining Expert in Economics, Cost Controls, Competitive Analyses, Acquisitions & Divestitures
Technical Consultant #1726
- Professional chemical engineer with over 40 years of experience in the petroleum refining, chemical and petrochemical industries.
- Extensive technical engineering and business skills with strong emphasis towards economics and cost controls, competitive analyses, project management, acquisitions and divestitures. project management.
Undisclosed Company, President, 1978 - Present
- Completed project development, project management and environmental programs for many world-scale chemical, petrochemical and refining facilities.
- Providing technical, economic and financial assessments to several major acquisition and facility expansion programs.
- Completed numerous market assessments, competitor evaluations and plant improvement programs for the refining and petrochemical industries.
- Extensive experience in cumene / phenol / bisphenol-A / Polycarbonate / epoxy resins industry.
- Technology evaluations and selections, engineering for cost assessment, plant improvements and modernizations, expansions, competitive analyses and acquisition programs.
- Extensive experience in propylene oxide technology, operations and economics.
- Extensive experience in chlorine and derivatives technology, operations and economics.
Gulf Oil Corporation, U.S. and Korea, 1966 - 1978
Serving several positions:
- Economics Advisor and Chairman of New Business Team Houston, TX , 1976 - 1978
- Technical and Economic Advisor to Korea Oil Co., Ulsan, Korea, 1974 - 1975
- Technical Advisor Chemicals Co. Houston, TX, 19711 - 1973
- Unit Foreman, Port Arthur, TX Refinery, 1969 - 1970
- Process Engineer, Port Arthur, TX Refinery, 1966 - 1968
- Refining and chemical operations; refining assignments included operating responsibilities for gasoline blending, lube oil operations, olefins operations, and aromatics feedstock production.
- Worked in the planning and economic function for both refining and chemicals and as Gulf's technical advisor to the Korea Oil Corporation.
- Leader of project teams for several major petrochemical expansion projects.
- Became the chief economics' advisor for petrochemicals and chairman of a new phenol business committee.
Honors & Publications
- Registered professional engineer in the state of Texas.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Texas Society of Professional Engine
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Clemson University, Clemson, SC