- Industrial mineral facility layout, design and mineral facility operations.
- Mineral deposit development, extraction and process optimization.
- Kaolin mining and kaolin processing.
- Development of high performance teams.
- Mineral extraction in Brazil.
- Acquisition assessment.
Independent Consultant, Present
- Provides business and technical assistance primarily to industrial mineral companies.
- Expertise on improvements in current operations and process optimization.
- Identification and evaluation of potential acquisition candidates.
Imerys, Atlanta, GA, Vice President Investment Project Engineering, 1999 - 2009
- Responsible for development of major investment level projects for Imerys.
Vice President and General Manager - Paper, South America
- Responsible for development, operations and sales of world's largest (1.6 million tons) kaolin representing a total investment of $450 million from inception.
- Permanent resident 2006 through 2008 Barcarena, Para, Brazil.
Vice President of Engineering and RCC (Rio Capim Caulim) Operations, Macon, GA
- Engineering responsibility for a a 950,000 ton kaolin plant in Amazon region of Brazil with U.S. sales of $115 million.
- Responsible for operation and development of RCC.
- Responsibilities outside Brazil included project engineering groups in U.S., U.K. and Asia.
Dry Branch Kaolin, Dry Branch, GA, Executive Vice President, 1990 - 1999
- Responsible for Dry Branch Kaolin (DBK) Rio Capim Caulim (RCC) facility, including sales, research, engineering and all operating functions.
- Responsible for initial greenfield development of mine, plant and port of RCC.
Vice President of Operations
- Engineering, prospecting and environmental functions of operations.
- Managed all major construction projects for North America and Brazil for DBK Minerals including major expansion of DBK and RCC.
Georgia Kaolin, Milledgeville, GA, Vice President of Operations, 1977 - 1990
- Overseeing the operation of three (3) large kaolin plants in Georgia producing a total of 1.6 million tons of kaolin per year.
- In addition to running operations responsible for engineering, lands and environmental groups.
Plant Manager, Dry Branch, GA,
- Responsible for production plant, mine, maintenance of 400,000 ton kaolin plant.
Production Superintendent, Dry Branch, GA
- Responsible for production for 4 400,000 ton plant.
Project Engineer, Dry Branch, GA
- Design and construction management of projects ranging from $50,000 to several million U.S.D. in Georgia and Wyoming.
Atlanta Gas Light Company, Division Engineer Atlanta, GA, 1973 - 1977
- Responsible for Macon and Savannah Georgia regions.
Project Engineer Atlanta, GA
- Responsible for individual projects at the direction of chief engineer of a natural gas public utility company.
Honors & Publications
- Speak and read Portuguese on intermediate level.
- MBA Georgia College and State University, GA
- M.S. Georgia College and State University, GA
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Auburn University, AL