Polymer Consultant: Strategic Planning, Marketing, Change Management - Expert in Coatings
Technical Consultant #1711
- Designing acrylic latex materials for coatings and graphic arts;
- Good block, fast dry,
- Emulsion polymer structure/performance relationship,
- Applications testing,
- Wood coatings, kitchen cabinets and furniture,
- Acrylics solventborne,
- Powder coatings,
- Good understanding of regulatory issues for paints and coatings,
- Stage-gate product development, multi-functional team with process leader,
- Strategic planning, "one-page strategic plan."
Undisclosed Company, President, 2008 - Present
- President of a start up chemical company in the renewable materials space.
- Identify financial support for the company.
Arkema, Inc., Philadelphia, PA, 2006 - 2007
- Fluorochemicals Senior Marketing Manager for North America.
- Focus on foams, solvents and aerosols.
Philips Electronics,Lighting Manufacture, 1998 - 2003
Vice President, Innovation to Market, Turnhout, Belgium, 2001 - 2003
- Global market of high Intensity discharge lamps.
Lead Research and Development, Mechanization and Strategic Planning
- Implementing new business strategy that focused on "systems" instead of on "products."
- Generated projected $80 million increase in sales over 3-year period.
- Slashed operating costs by $15 million through reduction of off-grade product by 60% and implementing sharing practices between global production facilities.
- Fueled a 50% increase in sales through implementation of strategic growth initiatives over a 5-year period.
Senior Director of Marketing, Somerset, NJ, 1998 - 2001
- High Intensity Discharge Lamps - North American Category Leader.
Rohm & Hass Company, Philadelphia, PA, Styrene/Acrylic Copolymers, 1981 - 1988
Worldwide Marketing Manager, 1996 - 1998
- Directed business for solvent and solid grade polymers for coatings.
- Turned around business unit, growing sales 33% and driving sales growth by 40-60% in emerging regions, within a 2-year period.
Marketing Manager, Wood Coatings, 1994 - 1996
- Project: To replace nitrocellulose with waterborne latexes for wood coatings.
- Launched a major technology conversion in Europe and North America that drove a 10-fold increase in annual sales and established a technology leadership position.
Research Section Manager, Industrial Coatings, 1990 - 1994
- Waterborne latexes for coatings on metal, plastic, wood and graphic arts.
- Directed research and development applications.
- Sent to Wharton 2-year evening business school.
Senior Scientist, Industrial coatings, 1981 - 1989
- Waterborne Latexes for coatings on metal, plastic, wood and graphic arts.
- Named outstanding scientist of the year.
Honors & Publications
- Certificate, Graduate Business Program, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA.
- Technical Focus Award - Federation of Societies for Coatings Technology.
- Women in Coatings Achievement Award for Scientific Achievement - National Paint Show.
- Otto Haas Award for Outstanding Scientists and Engineers - Rohm & Haas.
- Invited Technical Speaker to Piedmont Society Mini-Trade Show.
- Grants from National Science Foundation and Ben Franklin.
- 2 publications.
- Awarded 6 patents, (world patent application for Polymer Phases technology has been published).
- Ph.D. Physical Chemistry, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
- B.S. Chemistry, Miami University, Oxford, OH