- Carbohydrate chemistry synthesis and product and process development.
- Chemicals from biomass including cellulose derivatives.
- Green energy and biofuels product and process evaluations.
- Biofuels development.
- Synthetic organic chemistry manufacturing.
- Heavy metal remediation including mercury.
Undisclosed Company, President, 2008 - Present
- Business development strategy formulation.
- Leveraging environmental improvements.
Independent Consultant, ,2001 - Present
- Green energy process evaluation.
- Green energy process development.
- Biofuels process evaluation.
- Biofuels process development.
- Loan due diligence for biomass to energy and fuels projects.
Steward Environmental Solutions, Chattanooga, TN, 2006 - 2007
Application Engineering - Director and Vice President
- Development of processes for heavy metal removal, control and remediation.
- Mercury control processes, successful down to the limits of detection.
- Equipment design and fabrication for pollution control unit operations.
International Paper, Cincinnati and Memphis, OH and TN, 2002 - 2004
Director of Technology for Chemical cellulose and Director Research and Development for fluff pulp
- New grade development for pulp-based products including fluff pulp.
- New process development for pulp-based products.
Rayonier, Jesup, GA, Senior Technologist, 1999 - 2002
- Development of new products.
- New process design and implementation.
Eastman Chemical Company, & Eastman Kodak Company, Kingsport, TN, 1968-1999
- Numerous assignments in research and development, production and process development.
- Developed technology for new technologies that are still profitable.
- Production experience in fine chemical manufacture.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry (TAPPI)
- Invited Speaker: International Cellulose Conference - Kyoto, Japan
- Invited Speaker: INSIGHT, Minneapolis, MN
- Invited Speaker: INSIGHT, Memphis, TN
- 12 U.S. patents.
- Ph.D. Organic Chemistry, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- M.S. Organic Chemistry, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- B.S. Chemistry, Emory University, Atlanta, GA