- Expertise in the retail petroleum industry operations with a focus of fuel delivery, fuel storage, fuel dispensing and safety aspects of fuel handling at retail gasoline stations.
- Expert in fuel and retail petroleum equipment selection and installation standards.
- Operations and safety training for employees and contractors on fuel equipment and safety.
- Perform incident investigations, analyze of causal factors and define corrective actions.
- Project and contractor management.
- Safety management programs for the retail petroleum industry.
Undisclosed Company, 1989 - 2009
Senior Regional Engineering Specialist - Marketing Technical Services/Health and Safety, 2002 - 2009
- Develop and implement safety performance management and training programs for retail petroleum outlets.
- Provide engineering, capital construction and service station maintenance support for retail fuel outlets.
- Consult on environmental issues and company services.
- Provide engineering support for marketing heath and safety programs in company operations, and transportation.
- Evaluate NFPA 70E requirements related to marketing health and safety programs and develop procedures to assure compliance with industry and company standards.
- Manage the contractor safety program for technical services.
- Assess compliance, performance, and provide recommendations for corrective action.
- Review of marketing program equipment and installation standards with respect to safety and evaluate and provide recommendations for safety improvements.
- Perform incident investigations, analysis of causal factors and evaluation of corrective actions.
- Develop the company's "Safety and Security Manual" for contractors working at retail facilities, thereby providing the basis for evaluating contractor safety performance.
- Develop and implement technical services contractor safety inspection program.
- Develop and implement training programs on various topics for technical services employees and contractors to assure compliance with standards, and safety performance requirements.
Senior Project Engineer and Senior Regional Engineering Specialist, 1989 - 2001
- Evaluated and selected fuel storage and handling equipment to meet federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Developed and maintained engineering standards and drawings for fuel storage and handling equipment.
- Selection of equipment for the Underground Storage Tank (UST) Program providing cost effective systems meeting compliance and business performance requirements.
- Managed UST database data evaluation and entry program to provide baseline facility equipment information for the planning of improvements and compliance programs.
- Revised standards for UST equipment and installation standards providing the basis for consistency in construction, inspections, and compliance with industry standards.
- Managed electrical standards revisions providing the basis for establishing consistency in construction, inspections, compliance with industry standards, and business requirements.
Undisclosed Company, 1979 - 1989
Consolidated Coal Company, Pittsburgh, PA, 1975 - 1979
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE)
- Wrote Safety Manual for Retail Gasoline Outlets
- B.S. Civil Engineering, University of Pittsburgh, PA