- Machine safety, including safety guarding, safe shut down, safety engineering, electrical interlocking, risk analysis, risk mitigation and process hazard reviews.
- Machine reliability engineering.
- Automation and process control system design and development.
- Allen Bradley/Rockwell AC/DC drives systems and control system development and control equipment, training and commissioning.
- Troubleshooting of electrical drives and controls.
- Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing - Green Belt Certified.
Independent Consultant, Electrical Engineer, Present
- Electrical and PLC control system development.
- Machine safety analysis.
E.I. DuPont de Nemours, 1978 - 2009
Non-Wovens, Inc., Richmond, VA, 1992 - 2009
- Project Electrical Engineering Manager for Integrated Non-Wovens manufacturing facility.
- Development of automaton and process control technology for research pilot facilities.
- Responsible for project management, design and commissioning of Tyvek® homewrap manufacturing facilities.
- Provided electrical and control system upgrades for DuPont non-woven manufacturing processes.
- Provided reliability and system training for manufacturing operations.
Engineering Development Laboratory, Wilmington, DE, 1978 - 1992
- Engineering design of integrated manufacturing.
- Medical instrument electrical design and reliability development.
- Commissioned automated manufacturing equipment including PLC and drive systems for DuPont industrial departments.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing - Green Belt Certified
- Guest Lecturer - University of Pennsylvania
- "A Map for Automated Factories"
- "Microcomputer Controlled of optimum Stepper Motors"
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, Widener University, Chester PA.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, Widener University, Chester PA.