- Design, engineering, operating and troubleshooting of fluid systems.
- Pump application in various industries, such as fossil and nuclear power plants, cryogenic systems, municipal sewerage and flood control.
- Fluid system engineering design for conceptual systems requiring the application of extensive technical and managerial experience.
- Fluid system integrations and operational optimization.
Undisclosed Company, Consultant and Proprietor, 2000 -- Present
- Technical services to various industries in support of engineered components of fluid systems.
- Skilled at conceptual and production design, engineering, construction, installation, startup, troubleshooting and retrofit of fluid systems.
- Expert in pumps, valves, filters, pressure relief and piping for fossil and nuclear power plants, cryogenic systems, municipal sewerage and flood control.
Stone & Webster Engineering, Boston, MA, 1970 - 2000
Provided over 21 years of technical and managerial direction over a wide and diverse base of domestic and international design and build projects requiring integration of various disciplines and serving in various positions:
- Support and Lead Power Engineer, 1970 - 1973
- Assistant Project Engineer, 1973 - 1976
- Project Engineer, 1977 - 1979
- Directed the design, engineering, construction, test and operation of fluid systems.
- Marketing of pump engineering expertise for fluid systems, including proposal development, personnel training and project manager work on awarded projects.
- Pump and fluid system engineering for projects in fossil fuel and nuclear power generation, cryogenic systems, sewerage and flood control.
- Worked on municipal and commercial sites as well as foreign nuclear and non-nuclear power generation sites.
- Training and education of engineers at all levels as well as silent personnel, providing direction and guidance to personnel at all levels within all disciplines.
- Provided world wide visibility in a number of industries such as power, refinery/chemical, municipal, solar and geothermal.
- Assigned to a large nuclear power plant during design, engineering and construction, participated in the licensing and preliminary operations of the facility at both headquarter and site locations.
- Supervised a Fast Response Unit (multi-disciplined engineers) charged with performing station engineering and maintenance activities on a daily response basis.
- Lead Power Engineer, supervised numerous nuclear and turbine-side engineering and design activities including completion of engineering and construction in time for initial criticality, power ascension and commercial operation.
- Principal Mechanical Engineer, designed and engineered various turbine-plant systems which included engineering, procurement and construction support.
- Supervising Engineer selected to supervise and perform preliminary turbine plant system design and engineering, detailing design criteria for a number of systems and specified pumps, compressors, turbines, cranes in addition to integrating various interconnecting areas and disciplines.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Hydraulic Institute Partner (HIP).
- Registered with INTOTA/Guideline.
- Registered with TASA.
- Chemical Processing-VAALER Award-Chief Judge
- Licensed Professional Engineer, Mechanical-Massachusetts
- Licensed Professional Engineer, Mechanical-New York
- Two publications
- B.E. (Marine) SUNY, Bronx, NY