Medical Device Market and Marketing Research Consultant
Technical Consultant #1600
Medical products and medical device marketing for cardiology, endocrinology, dermatology, endoscopy, general surgery, gynecology, orthopedics, plastic surgery and spine surgery.
- Over twenty-five years experience in medical device and medical products sales and marketing.
- Established marketing consultant providing services to medical corporations.
- Medical marketing research and strategic planning.
- Advertising and promotional activities and sales lead management for medical products.
- Experienced in new business and product development for medical markets.
- Managed a medical sales network comprised of 45 regional dealers.
- Proven ability for taking medical product from concept to product launch.
- Developed a strategic marketing plan, established the budget and forecast, directed the production of promotional and sales support materials and initiated product introductions for several start-up companies.
- Built a marketing department from the ground floor to a four person team, hiring, training, motivating and evaluating product managers.
- Directed a product management team through new product development efforts and maintenance of existing product business.
- New product introductions contributed to 30% of total sales annually.
- Defined new medical products and new market areas by assessment of market needs through market research, physician interaction and field testing. For one company, introduced an average of twelve new products each year.
- Developed a marketing strategy to penetrate a new market segment of industrial health care. After one year, industrial sales comprised 20% of total product line sales.
- Directed advertising and promotional activities and sales lead management which resulted in achievement of marketing plan goals.
Sales and Sales Management
- Created and implemented a new sales strategy which included establishing sales goals and performance evaluation methods.
- Recruited, supported and managed a sales network comprised of 45 regional dealers.
- Designed a sales and marketing plan for the dealer and direct sales force which resulted in a 25% sales increase for the product line.
- Designed and implemented a marketing and product promotion campaign to increase sales in the hospital market segment which resulted in a 56% increase.
- Expanded the market for a specific antibiotic by 47% through a series of hospital seminars and presentations.
- Developed an effective sales presentations and created new product promotions to increase sales an average of 21%.
- Created the strategic marketing plan, establishing market share and sales dollar objectives, to increase revenues for a $75 Million medical company.
- Developed a new business opportunity through market needs assessment, physician education and implementation of a strategic marketing plan.
- For two cardiology companies, created marketing strategies to introduce new technologies to the medical community, requiring changes in clinical practice.
- Established an independent consulting business to the medical marketplace providing services in new business development, market research and analysis, strategic planning and product development.
- Provided marketing consulting services to both large and small companies, such as, Axya Medical, Davol, Inc. (Division of C.R. Bard); DePuy Spine, DePuy Mitek and Ethicon (Divisions of J&J), Decision Resources (Division of Arthur D. Little, Inc.); Gaymar Industries, Smith & Nephew Endoscopy (Dyonics); Smith & Nephew Richards; Surgilase, Inc., and many new venture companies.
- Independent Consultant, 1995 - Present
- DaVinci Scientific, LaJolla, CA, Sr. Vice President, Marketing, 1993 - 1995
- Vital Heart Systems, Beverly, MA, Vice President of Marketing, 1992 - 1993
- Medical Market Consulting, North Reading, MA, Marketing Consultant, 1988 - 1992
- Smith & Nephew Dyonics, Andover, MA, Marketing Manager, 1981 - 1987
- Warren E. Collins, Inc., Braintree, MA, Product Manager, 1980 - 1981
- Upjohn Pharmaceutical Co., Needham, MA, Sales Representative, 1977 - 1980
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) - Certified Woman-Owned Business
- Massachusetts Medical Device Industry Council (MassMEDIC)
- Qualitative Research Consulting Association (QRCA)
- Medical Development Group (MDG)
- NH Biotechnology Council
- M.Ed. Biology/Health, Boston University, Boston, MA
- B.S. Biology/Health, University of Maryland, College Park, MD