Mechanical Engineer Consultant for Asset Reliability, Asset Management and Production Performance Assessments
Technical Consultant #1586
- Asset reliability, asset management and the life-cycle control of asset failures.
- Comprehensive understanding of plant and production site operations and maintenance.
- Facilities maintenance standards and programs.
- Asset reliability management.
- Production performance assessment.
- Hazard and risk assessments.
- Operation and maintenance optimization.
- Human factors reliability.
- Reliability training.
- Root cause failure analysis.
- Mechanical integrity of physical assets.
- Failure modes and effects analysis.
- Organizational change through improvements in operation, maintenance, management and human systems.
- Presentation of training and workshop seminars to clients throughout the globe.
Undisclosed Company, Partner and Manager, 2005 - Present
- Consulting to improve reliability and overall performance of assets primarily for energy sector companies.
- Specific focus on engineered solutions for rotating equipment.
Undisclosed Company, Technical Director, 2004 - 2005
- Managed asset optimization work group and ran projects for Australian-based consulting firm.
- Asset management strategies based upon risk and performance standards unique to the client's business operating environment.
- Oil and gas industry clients ranging from drilling and production to refining and distribution.
Det Norske Veritas, Principal Consultant, 2000 - 2004
- Consulting service and global programs for reliability centered asset management, risk based maintenance and asset performance assessment.
- Performed engineering consulting in risk management, reliability improvement and asset integrity projects for clients primarily in the oil, gas and process industries.
Erin Engineering, 1996 - 2000
Industrial Services Supervisor
- Managed all industrial reliability consulting projects originating in Houston.
- Supervised a team of individuals in delivery of risk and reliability improvement initiatives.
Lead Senior Engineer, Reliability Consultant
- Managed all operations and maintenance reliability projects in Houston with budget responsibility of $1 million.
- Developed reliability-centered maintenance programs for optimizing manufacturing processes at oil refining, petrochemical and electric utility plants.
- Provided consulting to ExxonMobil, Conoco, Equistar and Reliant Energy to improve asset utilization, performance optimization, equipment maintenance, risk management and overall productivity.
Orion Engineering, Chief Engineer, 1995 - 1996
- Provided engineering design, construction, installation, and start-up for a small firm servicing primarily metal fabrication clients.
HMT Thermal Systems, Project Engineering Manager, 1994 - 1995
- Designed and constructed thermal equipment and operated vapor combustors and thermal oxidizers for gas incineration and tank services firm.
Air Products Inc., Utilities Operations Manager-Principal Maintenance Engineer, 1989 - 1994
- Managed operation of four steam generators, one co-generation unit and all electric utilities.
- Provided technical leadership for all maintenance of instrument and electrical systems.
- Developed safety procedures and risk management strategies for electrical systems.
- Supervised industrial and engineering groups assisting maintenance manager.
Shell Chemical Company, Control Systems Engineer, 1978 - 1989
- Managed projects, provided technical leadership, and directed activities to maintain control systems for petrochemical manufacturing at the Belpre, Ohio plant.
- Designed, installed, maintained and insured safe operation of control systems in various production units at this elastomers manufacturing facility.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Society of Maintenance and Reliability Professionals (SMRP)
- National Petrochemical and Refinery Association (NPRA)
- Tau Beta Pi - National Engineering Honors Fraternity
- Pi Tau Sigma - National Mechanical Engineering Honors Fraternity
- Registered Professional Engineer, Ohio
- MBA Organizational Psychology American Intercontinental University
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Ohio University
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, West Virginia University