Summary: Electrical engineer specializing in high-speed analog and digital system design and schematic capture, audio and video processing, microprocessor system design, firmware development and FPGA development.
Undisclosed Company, President and Principal Engineer, 2007 - Present
- System design of "DisplayPort" to DVI and DVI to DisplayPort transcoders.
- Schematic design and FPGA development for a control system of a scanning X-Ray source and image processing system interfacing with an X-Ray sensor for live fluoroscopy, including interfacing with Xilinx PCI express hard endpoint.
- FPGA Firmware development for a bio-impedance measurement system.
- Design of an image digitizer and camera link transmission system for a scanning electron microscope for the semiconductor industry.
- Architecture development for an audio mixer, video router and control system for operating room communications equipment.
- Design of a DVI to S-Video transcoder system for surgical images.
Stryker Communications, Flower Mound, TX, R&D Manager and Sr. Design Engineer, 2002 - 2007
Managed the launch and assisted in the development of 5 new products generating. New products are:
- A 6:8 DVI Matrix Video router compliant to the DVI specification at full single link speeds (1.65GHz).
- A control system I/O expansion with a 4:1 KVM switch.
- Next generation control system and audio/video processor for the operating room.
- Next generation video network hub connecting operating rooms and conference rooms with audio, video, and data.
- Redesign of the Picture-In-Picture processor to reduce cost.
- Design of a microprocessor control board, analog video switch and the cable harness for a medical grade S-Video matrix router.
- Engineered a telemedicine system for Children's Hospital of Los Angeles by integrating commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) components with a custom control system.
- Developed multiple custom PCBs for our control system and audio/video processor for the operating room including: 16:16 S-Video matrix router with integrated composite video transcoders; backplane for all video processors providing power, control, and inter-board analog video connections, scan converter to convert analog RGB-HV to S-Video; and, wrote microprocessor code for developed printed circuit boards.
- Created a DVI distribution system using COTS components to send DVI video via fiber optics.
- Engineered a Picture-In-Picture system using COTS components customized for specific applications.
- Orcad Capture and Layout
- Keil development suite
- Design Architect
- Xilinx ISE
- Leonardo Spectrum
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Eta Kappa Nu
- Tau Beta Pi
- Total Performance Award, Stryker Communications
- Best Invention: "Telemedicine System," Stryker Corporation
- Best New Product Finalist: "Switchpoint Infinity Control System," Stryker Corporation
- Best Invention: "DVI Matrix Router," Stryker Corporation
- Best Development Team, Stryker Communications
- B.S. Computer Engineering, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR