- Analog circuit design.
- System and circuit design of high reliability hardware used in government, military, aerospace, space, industrial and commercial equipment.
- System and circuit design of high voltage (27 kV distribution and 138 kV transmission) monitoring equipment for the electric power utility industry.
- Transmission line theory, mismatches, reflections and crosstalk.
- Performed worst-case RF system budget link analysis.
- Electromagnetic interference (EMI) design and mediation.
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) and lighting protection and expertise.
- RF circuit design: PCB RF designs incorporating including low-noise amplifiers (LNA), receivers, frequency mixers, splitters/combiners, RF transformers, limiters, directional couplers, modulators, RF switches, transistors, fixed attenuators/terminations/matching pads, modulators/demodulators, phase locked loops (PLLs), voltage controlled oscillators (VCOs), filters (active with operational amplifiers and passive), power amplifiers, transmitters, A/D's, D/A's and various other ICs and MMIC's.
- Patent Infringement Expert: Analog video, audio, RF, power supplies and wireless circuits and designs.
- Tools: Mathcad, PSpice, Orcad, Matlab, PADS/Mentor Graphics.
Independent Consultant, Patent Infringement Expert
- Rated and identified potential patents for license ability or infringement for: Analog, video, audio, RF, power supplies and wireless circuits.
GE Aviation (formerly Smiths Aerospace), Whippany, NJ, Independent Consultant
- Circuit design, analysis, simulation and testing of brushless DC motors for aircraft actuators.
- EMI, lightning (low frequency, RF & GHz) and ESD circuit design, analysis and simulation.
- Performed analysis and PSpice modeling and simulations for DO-160, MIL-STD-461 and MIL-STD-704, compliance, redesigned existing non-compliant circuits as required.
Technology Enhancement, Woodbridge, NJ, Independent Consultant
- Power utility system analysis, algorithm development, circuit design, analysis, simulation and testing of high-speed sensors for underground fault locating of 27kV distribution feeders.
- Designed diagnostics electronics equipment for high power 27kV distribution feeders.
- Performed feasibility study for NYC underground communications system.
General Dynamics, (formerly Bell Labs, Lucent), Whippany, NJ, Independent Consultant
- Design, analysis, simulation and testing of RF and GHz communication circuits for classified programs using GaAs and ECL devices.
- Achieved timing resolution of less than one picosecond using novel circuit and PCB techniques.
AlliedSignal, Teterboro, NJ, Independent Consultant
- Wrote technical portion of proposal for AH-64 helicopter display that successfully won program.
- Circuit and system troubleshooter of other engineers' video circuits for a helicopter display.
- Performed worst-case analysis and circuit simulations of other engineers' existing aerospace circuit designs.
- Design, analysis and testing of aircraft flight control circuitry, helicopter display circuitry and test equipment circuits.
Lucent, (formerly Bell Labs, AT&T), Whippany, NJ, Independent Consultant
- Design, analysis and testing of sensitive low-noise, very low power fiber optic receivers, ultra-low MMIC matrix switching and support circuitry including DC-to-DC power supplies.
Singer-Kearfott, Wayne, NJ, Independent Consultant
- Circuit design, analysis and testing of AMRAM missile navigation and guidance system based on (accelerometers & gyroscopes) electronics.
- Circuit redesign, analysis and testing of various NASA Space Shuttle electronics.
- Circuit design, analysis and testing of missile navigation and guidance system (accelerometers & gyroscopes) electronics.
- Circuit design, analysis and testing of Trident missile navigation and guidance system based on accelerometer and gyroscopes electronics including hybrid circuits.
Lockheed, Plainfield, NJ, Independent Consultant
- Wrote a technical portion of proposal (Effects of Amplitude and Phase Nonlinearities on FM System): Won program.
- RF circuit design, analysis and testing of aircraft communication equipment.
Bendix Flight Systems,Teterboro, NJ, Independent Consultant
- Circuit design, analysis and testing of all of C141 cargo plane's flight control system's electronics.
Bell Labs, Independent Consultant, Holmdel, NJ
- Circuit design, analysis and testing of plasma display drivers.
Many Other Circuit Design Positions
Honors & Publications
- MIT Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- NJIT Microprocessor Design Course
- Adjunct Faculty in Mathematics, Bergen Community College
- Ph.D. Mathematics, Stevens Institute of Technology
- M.S.E.E. Stevens Institute of Technology
- B.S.E.E. Rutgers University